Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New ST in VA

JDMerica

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer 5
Hey everyone, just picked up a new 2022 ST for the wife last week. Couple weeks ago I saw our dealer had one optioned perfect enroute so I threw a small deposit on it because surprisingly no one had snatched it yet. MSRP -$500 Military, about the best I was gonna get anywhere around here. Other dealer has them for 3k over.

For those of you keeping track of stuff like this, ours is a 4/22 build date. It's missing rear climate and heated seat controls but has the massage seats. It also has a 1 bolt rear and from the factory gives me a message about putting parking brake on everytime you go into park.

Seat wrinkles are there but not major to me, the seats are awesome. Nice bolstering and comfortable.

Attachments

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard! Thanks for the update on the missing items.

Reactions
Welcome aboard

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Where in VA?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Welcome!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
It's missing rear climate and heated seat controls
Congrats....are they supposed to give you the rear seat controls once the parts are available? That plastic plug in the rear console looks so cheap on a $60k performance SUV.

Reactions
Welcome aboard

OP
J

JDMerica

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer 5
Thread Starter #10
Congrats....are they supposed to give you the rear seat controls once the parts are available? That plastic plug in the rear console looks so cheap on a $60k performance SUV.
So according to my salesman and the random article I dug up, yes they're supposed to when they're able to fix it. It does look cheap but im more worried about resale since I have 2 small children and would rather them not have knobs back there to mess with.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So according to my salesman and the random article I dug up, yes they're supposed to when they're able to fix it. It does look cheap but im more worried about resale since I have 2 small children and would rather them not have knobs back there to mess with.
Thanks, that's what I am hoping will be the case as I placed a 2022 order on 2/28. As long as they intend to pop the module into that space once the parts become more readily available.

OP
J

JDMerica

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer 5
Thread Starter #12
Thanks, that's what I am hoping will be the case as I placed a 2022 order on 2/28. As long as they intend to pop the module into that space once the parts become more readily available.
For reference, I had a 2019 F150 platinum and this interior is much nicer overall. Way more soft touch everywhere and much more refined. The door panels alone did it for me, even on the platinum it was hard plastic in a lot of places.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

STayFord

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
JDAmerica, what dealer did you go through? I’m in northern VA and trying to find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP.

OP
J

JDMerica

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer 5
Thread Starter #15
JDAmerica, what dealer did you go through? I’m in northern VA and trying to find a dealer willing to sell at MSRP.
Beach Ford in VA Beach