Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New member ordering 2022 today

Reactions
Hello new here. Went to my dealer and got my 2022 build sheet yesterday since it was the first day you could build one. I’m trying to figure out what options to go with.
I have drove one st that had the premium tech pack and everything that came with it. I really enjoyed it.
Im not crazy about 21in wheels. I’d rather have the other wheels and buy a nice summer set that are 18 or 20s and put them in a ps4s tire.
It is quite the price difference between 400a and 401a. What does 401a give me over the 400a? I’m getting confused looking through the build sheet.

VUDU350

Reactions
Welcome. Ordered my 22 two weeks ago. Everything under the “ST High Package” and “ST Street Pack” is included with 401A. The biggest difference I see is the Ford Co-PilotAssist+ and St Street pack are Included in 401A and the ability to add the Premium Tech Package. I could be wrong, but like you said it is very confusing.

OP
Jonx96
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Welcome. Ordered my 22 two weeks ago. Everything under the “ST High Package” and “ST Street Pack” is included with 401A. The biggest difference I see is the Ford Co-PilotAssist+ and St Street pack are Included in 401A and the ability to add the Premium Tech Package. I could be wrong, but like you said it is very confusing.
I’m trying to do a is a worth it here.
Do you know can you get the messaging seats and ventilated seats without 401a and or premium pack?

OP
Jonx96
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Looks like it has the ventilated seared without 401a.

OP
Jonx96
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
This is what I just sent my sales guy. I guess it’s a good start
If you could send me two prices.
Both 2022 Ford Explorer ST AWD
1. Only option st street pack.
2. 401a package and premium package. This should also include the st street package.

VUDU350

Reactions
I’m trying to do a is a worth it here.
Do you know can you get the messaging seats and ventilated seats without 401a and or premium pack?
400A does come with heated and ventilated, tech package adds the Multi-contour and Active Motion.

Reactions
One other thing to consider is the 21” wheels/tires are worth way more in the classifieds, so it’s possible you could come out ahead ordering one with the 21” wheels/tires after you sell them. Especially once you start comparing the option bundle packages.

OP
Jonx96
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
One other thing to consider is the 21” wheels/tires are worth way more in the classifieds, so it’s possible you could come out ahead ordering one with the 21” wheels/tires after you sell them. Especially once you start comparing the option bundle packages.
That’s a good point!

OP
Jonx96
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Ordered.