Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New member, excited to be here

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Hey everyone, I picked up a new to me 2020 with 55,000km (30,000 miles) white ST. Had a 2009 F150 v8 for 12 years before this. Super fun car so far.

I've had the ST for about a week, and so far the paint has flaked off my caliper mounting brackets, the chrome is peeling off the window buttons, the touch screen went temporarily become unresponsive and the cameras went blue. Lol I have all the things. Still love it so far. I have it scheduled for the inlet leak recall and the blue screen recall. Fortunately my rear end is fine. Also I'm Canadian. Nice to meet everyone!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome. Depending on the first sale date the window switch peeling might be under warranty.

OP
F
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Thread Starter #3
Unfortunately the sale date was October 24 2019. So I'm SOL. But it sounds like the replacement switches are just as bad. I may try to sharpie them or use a little red paint. I didn't even notice until I read about it here.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey everyone, I picked up a new to me 2020 with 55,000km (30,000 miles) white ST. Had a 2009 F150 v8 for 12 years before this. Super fun car so far.

I've had the ST for about a week, and so far the paint has flaked off my caliper mounting brackets, the chrome is peeling off the window buttons, the touch screen went temporarily become unresponsive and the cameras went blue. Lol I have all the things. Still love it so far. I have it scheduled for the inlet leak recall and the blue screen recall. Fortunately my rear end is fine. Also I'm Canadian. Nice to meet everyone!
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you get all those items repaired before it goes out of warranty at 36,000 miles.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Try reaching out to Ford support. They may be able to do something for you in the way of a discount or even free if it is a common problem, like the door switches.