Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Maryland ST Owner

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey Guys, figured I would drop in here and let you know I'm around. Obligatory pic of truck is below.

Question for all you. I purchased my truck from Koons in Baltimore and haven't broached any questions yet or tested the waters but are there any dealers in the area that are more "mod" friendly than others you may have experience with? I have warranty until 100k and would prefer not to experience too much pushback when they see things like catch cans, ECM flashes, FORScan changes, etc.

IMG_9272.JPG

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
I haven't found one yet. I'm trying to gauge whether the dealership in Waldorf MD is willing to turn a blind eye. But that's probably going to take some time.

I'm holding out now until Ford Performance comes up with some parts/mods that are covered under warranty.

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #3
I have no idea why it took me so long to see this but thanks for replying. Koons on Security Sq does a TON of "Dealer Builds" on F-250s and Raptors. So far they seem pretty keen on the truck--when i brought it in for its first oil change a couple guys asked questions about it--the wrap, tint, and Borla ATAK exhaust definitely hint that there might be something else going on but they weren't asking in any accusatory way, definitely more of a "thats cool" way. I also plan to flash over the current tune with a Ford Performance one when it is released. Theoretically, the only way they can tell there is a tune is the number of engine starts since the last flash. since i flashed my truck with less than 500 miles on it, i could easily explain that number away with one long road trip, lol.

seeing the issues that are popping up with the H&R springs definitely makes me glad I waited to see what happened with those. Steeda has always made a better product IMO and it seems like their smaller drop was for a reason.

I will probably have Koons install the Ford Performance tune and when they do so, will let you know how it goes. likewise curious to hear your experiences with Waldorf Ford.

I haven't found one yet. I'm trying to gauge whether the dealership in Waldorf MD is willing to turn a blind eye. But that's probably going to take some time.

I'm holding out now until Ford Performance comes up with some parts/mods that are covered under warranty.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I have no idea why it took me so long to see this but thanks for replying. Koons on Security Sq does a TON of "Dealer Builds" on F-250s and Raptors. So far they seem pretty keen on the truck--when i brought it in for its first oil change a couple guys asked questions about it--the wrap, tint, and Borla ATAK exhaust definitely hint that there might be something else going on but they weren't asking in any accusatory way, definitely more of a "thats cool" way. I also plan to flash over the current tune with a Ford Performance one when it is released. Theoretically, the only way they can tell there is a tune is the number of engine starts since the last flash. since i flashed my truck with less than 500 miles on it, i could easily explain that number away with one long road trip, lol.

seeing the issues that are popping up with the H&R springs definitely makes me glad I waited to see what happened with those. Steeda has always made a better product IMO and it seems like their smaller drop was for a reason.

I will probably have Koons install the Ford Performance tune and when they do so, will let you know how it goes. likewise curious to hear your experiences with Waldorf Ford.
Since I've been to Ford Waldorf 4 times for the same issue, I'm starting to consider looking elsewhere. But they've been really good at calling me back and taking my email suggestions (sending over what others have done to resolve the issue). This is their last opportunity on my business if the issue comes back A 5TH TIME!!!! All I can say is after this visit, I better not see this issue again.

Pfaupel

Reactions
Hey Guys, figured I would drop in here and let you know I'm around. Obligatory pic of truck is below.

Question for all you. I purchased my truck from Koons in Baltimore and haven't broached any questions yet or tested the waters but are there any dealers in the area that are more "mod" friendly than others you may have experience with? I have warranty until 100k and would prefer not to experience too much pushback when they see things like catch cans, ECM flashes, FORScan changes, etc.

View attachment 713
Where did you get the roof wrap from and what kind of cost? How do you like it?

OP
Z

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #6
WildWrapz in Monkton. Look up Bryan on Instagram @wild_wrapz. Dude does INCREDIBLE work. I love it. This is my fourth wrapped vehicle and his work has blown every other wrap I've had done out of the water. I paid in cash so it was about $600. Included roof, c-pillars, satellite radio antenna, and rear hatch spoiler. In about 3 years when the wrap starts to get brittle I'm going to do a full color change with him. He also did my XR+ ceramic tint and ceramic coating as well. I definitely recommend getting the ceramic coating on top of the wrap. Helps protect it and keep it from getting scratched.

He is booking about 2 months out right now so if you want to get ceramic coated before the winter I would try and get on his books. Email is the best way to get ahold of him, his assistant is pretty good about getting back to you--they are slammed with work though so it might take her a couple days to get back to you.

Where did you get the roof wrap from and what kind of cost? How do you like it?