Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New goodies coming!

Reactions
I just ordered the Whipple and a set of Steeda springs. I probably don’t need the bigger IC but who knows... might be racing for pinks soon!
Springs are a must though. I’m hoping for a comfortable squat and decreased body roll. There are some fun roads here in the Smoky Mountains.
I started with a RaceChip GTS and a Borla Attak.
Damn, this is a fun vehicle!

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Out of curiosity - how do you like the RaceChip?
Sorry to be late in responding. I love it. I’m pretty sure one can tune for more power etc but the RaceChip allows for flexibility and convenience otherwise not available to my knowledge.
Installation is literally plug and play and takes 15-20 min tops. I ran it by my dealer service manager and he grinned. He says it’s a non issue for him.
In sport mode for both the ST and the RaceChip I have a sweet beast on my hands. I haven’t even tried race mode yet.

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Not sure how to answer that. It is a chip which one can control and vary with an iPhone app. It is easily removed if need be or it can be turned off. Eco, Sport and Race modes. If one desires more refined tuning of the chip it can be done from the manufacturer through the phone. I hope that is the answer you were looking for.

Reactions
Sorry to be late in responding. I love it. I’m pretty sure one can tune for more power etc but the RaceChip allows for flexibility and convenience otherwise not available to my knowledge.
Installation is literally plug and play and takes 15-20 min tops. I ran it by my dealer service manager and he grinned. He says it’s a non issue for him.
In sport mode for both the ST and the RaceChip I have a sweet beast on my hands. I haven’t even tried race mode yet.
Thanks for the reply! Does it need to be plugged into the OBDII port at all times? I would love to data log with my HP MPVI2 (for my other car) to see what the piggyback is actually doing.

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the reply! Does it need to be plugged into the OBDII port at all times? I would love to data log with my HP MPVI2 (for my other car) to see what the piggyback is actually doing.
No, it’s stashed under the hood and comes with it’s own wiring harness. I think you could query their tech folks and get some info on data retrieval.
Go ahead and google RaceChip. They will answer questions before purchase. Let me know what you decide.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Did you notice a substantial difference in HP or Torque on the RaceChip?

Reactions
Here is a dyno chart from 5 star
Using the ethanol tune in ours
Exceptionally fast with no mods, just a tune
1600899311235.png

Reactions
View attachment 2047
Almost 550 just on a tune? Idk seems hard to believe or that tune is going to break something

KegsBdry

Reactions
I like the extra 100HP from the 93 oct tune. That's what I'm looking to do.

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
New goodies arrived and have been installed. The Steeda springs and sway bar keep me flat in the twisties here and there is no roll even up the point of the beginning of a slide. I am very pleased.

KegsBdry

Reactions
New goodies arrived and have been installed. The Steeda springs and sway bar keep me flat in the twisties here and there is no roll even up the point of the beginning of a slide. I am very pleased.
Got pics?

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
I didn’t do before or after pix. They would look like all the others already posted. I suppose I could post pix of the ear to ear grins I have when charging through corners way too fast! Did some tight mountain roads yesterday. I had very pleasant dreams.

Reactions
I didn’t do before or after pix. They would look like all the others already posted. I suppose I could post pix of the ear to ear grins I have when charging through corners way too fast! Did some tight mountain roads yesterday. I had very pleasant dreams.
We can never get enough pictures:p. Did you end up using the tightest setting on the sway or the middle hole like most?

OP
Santa
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I went with the tightest. Where I live and do most of my driving I am able to enjoy lots of curves, hills and mountains. I have nowhere close to do and hard straight line pulls and have yet to try out my new Dragy.