Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New from Louisville KY

bytheway

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Started lurking on the forums a couple weeks ago on the hunt for a new ST to replace my wife's Acura MDX. I have a Bronco reservation & drove the ST before I decided to convert to an order. My wife ended up falling in love with it. I'm cool with it since I would get to drive it as well. Beats the Hyundai Palisade she's also considering.

After trying to get a deal on a new 2021 I've started looking at used 2020s. I know there were some early issues so I've tried to be diligent in my research. An Atlas Blue 2020 with street, tech, and moonroof popped up yesterday with only 2300 miles and I'm seriously considering it. Looks like it was built approx August of last year. Last 8 of the VIN starts with LGC9. What should I be looking for? Carfax was clean. It wasn't a lease. Private purchase in Idaho that I guess went to auction and showed up in KY. It makes me hesitant that someone would sell it after 4-5 months with low mileage. Asking price is $47k. Best I got on a similarly equipped new '21 was $51k. Sad I won't get the ST experience but I'll take the extra 4-5 grand in my pocket. Help me join the club as an ST owner and not end up with a vehicle I will regret. Especially since neither of us have owned Fords before.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Welcome to the forum from top of the lakes West KY.
I looked all over for a 2020 to save some money, couldn't find one at all in my area, even had trouble finding a 2021 .
So I finally had my dealer look for me and they found the exact configuration I wanted , only 150 miles away , I'm glad I got a late build 2021. Yeah it cost me more , but I haven't experienced any problems yet.

That's a decision to make 2020 or 2021 .

[welcome]

Jim

OP
bytheway

bytheway

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Welcome to the forum from top of the lakes West KY.
I looked all over for a 2020 to save some money, couldn't find one at all in my area, even had trouble finding a 2021 .
So I finally had my dealer look for me and they found the exact configuration I wanted , only 150 miles away , I'm glad I got a late build 2021. Yeah it cost me more , but I haven't experienced any problems yet.

That's a decision to make 2020 or 2021 .

[welcome]

Jim
My family has a cabin near Eddyville on Lake Barkley, we're down that way quite often. Great BBQ and nice people everywhere.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I'm 1 mile off Barkley lake in Kuttawa.
Go visit Coppertop BBQ in Fredonia..you be coming just for that.

All my family is in Eddyville.

Jim

OP
bytheway

bytheway

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I'm 1 mile off Barkley lake in Kuttawa.
Go visit Coppertop BBQ in Fredonia..you be coming just for that.

All my family is in Eddyville.

Jim
Small world! I think my grandpa bought the land back in the 60s when they built the dam. It's in between Eddy Creek and Holiday Hills. Do you tow a boat or anything with your ST?

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
No I don't. I wouldn't be afraid to.

I never fish the lakes , I got a big pond on my farm fully stocked , when I need fresh fish .

Your grandpa's land is close to Echo Charlie's marina.

Jim

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome