Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Explorer ST on off-road

Reactions
there's a lot of very particular soccer moms on here that will tell you no it's a performance on-road vehicle. i say **** it. enjoy your truck, it's yours after all

edit: beat it like it owes you money imho

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Talk about a buzz kill! While it will never be a Rubicon, I find mine does surprisingly well off road despite lack of low range and locking diffs or limited slip. I actually think it does better than my 2010 Wrangler unlimited sahara which also lacked locking diffs & limited slip. Sure it might have articulated better but it didnt even have a brake-lock diff so was truly 2wd (1 in front & 1 in rear) at all times; whereas, i've watched all 4 of my ST tires move in unison...
Yes, I was thinking the same thing here, someone is talking about doing something different with an ST other than hitting 142 miles an hour and right away there’s someone else to shoot the OP into the ground. I also bought the Explorer for the torque I can get out of it I and don’t need top speed. I also don’t have to do any rock crawling. If you read what the OP said it was a family weekend. I don’t think he intended on doing 50° rock crawling.

Explorer ST Posts