Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New Explorer, has a few imperfections

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST - Iconic Silver
Good day all, I recently took delivery of my 2022, iconic silver explorer ST. I ordered on January 03, 2022, it was built in March 2022, but not shipped until mid June 2022.

Issue is that at some point after it was built, some damages occurred. My dealer is going to fix them, but may want to go through Ford's insurance due to the expense. As you can guess, I do not want to have an insurance claim on my vehicle's history when it is something that happened while sitting at the manufacturing plant, or during shipping. One item I would love to get settled is the front grill emblem. The dealer states that they will ne to replace the entire grill assembly due to not being able to get just the badge.

Does anyone have a stock front grille "ST" emblem/badge that they have removed and are willing to sell? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Good day all, I recently took delivery of my 2022, iconic silver explorer ST. I ordered on January 03, 2022, it was built in March 2022, but not shipped until mid June 2022.

Issue is that at some point after it was built, some damages occurred. My dealer is going to fix them, but may want to go through Ford's insurance due to the expense. As you can guess, I do not want to have an insurance claim on my vehicle's history when it is something that happened while sitting at the manufacturing plant, or during shipping. One item I would love to get settled is the front grill emblem. The dealer states that they will ne to replace the entire grill assembly due to not being able to get just the badge.

Does anyone have a stock front grille "ST" emblem/badge that they have removed and are willing to sell? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum. Hope you get everything fixed to your satisfaction.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Make sure you get compensated for "reduced value". Someone will look at the CarFax in a couple of years and see the damage repair entry.

Reactions
Welcome to the forum, You should have not taken delivery. My buddy just went through this with a Ranger, dealer insisted he take delivery and he call them "Monday" to schedule a fix and get a claim started... When he stated to them, I'll be back to take delivery when you fix the issues, they quickly took care of it in 2 days. (Belt molding, door panel, tailgate trim, headlight, and grill all transport damage) had to be replaced. Ultimately I hope things work out for you

Toyman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
A new grille assembly does not come with the Ford or ST emblem. I have one in my garage and was told by the dealer that the emblems are separate.