Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

New aFe strut tower brace

Reactions
The guys over at aFe are hard at work again with an upcoming strut tower brace! The rigidity between this and the stock piece is night and day.
20220505_134656.jpg 20220505_134648.jpg 20220505_134823.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer Platinum
Love the beefy look! Do we know pricing yet?

Anyone interested in a brand new, still in the box, Steeda strut tower brace? I may have one for sale :LOL:

OP
C
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Love the beefy look! Do we know pricing yet?

Anyone interested in a brand new, still in the box, Steeda strut tower brace? I may have one for sale :LOL:
I will reach out to the engineer and see what he says. I totally screwed up and didn't think to ask today.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Seriously? It copies the Steeda design. I much prefer the black textured paint of the Steeda...glad they deviated from their standard blue.

Reactions
The guys over at aFe are hard at work again with an upcoming strut tower brace! The rigidity between this and the stock piece is night and day.
View attachment 12061

sweet!
not crazy about the logo on the center plate but the design looks stiffer/stronger than any other available at the moment

Reactions
Looks like oil filter changes just got a little tighter

Reactions
Vehicle
Seriously? It copies the Steeda design. I much prefer the black textured paint of the Steeda...glad they deviated from their standard blue.
Does it? I'll have to open it up and see. This is what I was expecting:
1651798603403.png
The picture makes the bars look pretty small imo :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
That looks nice! The Steeda bar is also significantly stiffer than the stock bar (which is pretty flimsy!). How beefy it needs to be depends on how solid the ST unibody is, either way I think it needs some support depending on how we drive them.
Happy drivin!!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I'm sure that it will turn out to be a nice piece however it appears that their welder needs a little more practice.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Does it? I'm have to open it up and see. This is what I was expecting:
View attachment 12081
OK, you may have a point. Either way, have to applaud AFe for supporting the Explorer platform the way they are.

Reactions
When's it available? May get this instead of the Steeda if the wait's not too long.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
When's it available? May get this instead of the Steeda if the wait's not too long.
Same, I contacted Steeda about theirs and they said it would be weeks before they have any more in stock. The same goes for the rear sway bar unfortunately.

Reactions
Same, I contacted Steeda about theirs and they said it would be weeks before they have any more in stock. The same goes for the rear sway bar unfortunately.
Yikes I was about to order one before I saw this thread. Guess that's not an option now.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yikes I was about to order one before I saw this thread. Guess that's not an option now.
Yeah same, I was looking to place an order for both the Steeda tower brace and rear sway bar but unfortunately they're completely out of stock.

Reactions
I have the Steeda brace installed and I think it looks much better than stock. Also just had the rear sb powder coated. Glad I was
able to order both a couple months ago.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
I have the Steeda brace installed and I think it looks much better than stock. Also just had the rear sb powder coated. Glad I was
able to order both a couple months ago.
Well I guess Steeda surprised us, I just checked and they have a few Brace bars available! Just ordered mine!

Reactions
Vehicle
Does it? I'll have to open it up and see. This is what I was expecting:
View attachment 12081
Would have to do a side by side comparison, but these pictures make it look like sizing is pretty similar...

1651853587334.png
1651853619658.png
The AFE looks better imo. If you disagree, and don't already have a Steeda, let me know! ;)

Reactions
Would have to do a side by side comparison, but these pictures make it look like sizing is pretty similar...

View attachment 12089
View attachment 12090
The AFE looks better imo. If you disagree, and don't already have a Steeda, let me know! ;)
the bracket design on the aFe is superior in my opinion and looks like you don't need spacers under the bracket which is required / included with the steeda bar

Reactions
Vehicle
the bracket design on the aFe is superior in my opinion and looks like you don't need spacers under the bracket which is required / included with the steeda bar
Please let me know when you have pricing and stock?