Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Need help identifying this intercooler

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Just purchased a 2020 ST, while I was inspecting the vehicle, I was surprised/excited to see that the intercooler has already been upgraded. I was less excited to find oil leaks and witness marks on the subframe bolts.... :cautious: Anyways, from what I can tell, it looks most like the Wipple brand intercooler because of the welded side tanks, but it hard to be certain. So far I've only seen 2 brands that have welded side tanks, UP and Whipple, others have cast tanks. I took some crappy pictures to see if anyone can confirm my theory. If the pictures are too terrible, let me know and I can try and get better photos.

Also, I tried to look for other mods that were done but it has stock downpipes, exhaust and intake. Even the filter is a new paper filter (probably replaced by the dealer). Anyways, I was going to try pole around and find out if it has a tune too. I have Forscan and HP tuner MPVI2 (that I used to tune Fusion Sport) to check for tuning software. I havent tried to check yet but if anybody knows how to, that would be awesome. If not, I will continue to "explore“ ..... Sorry for that....

Last edited:
OP
K
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Through the grille opening

Attachments

OP
K
Reactions