Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Need advice on missing interior components before buying

Das_Stig

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm going to finalize a deal on a 2020 ST with 16k on the clock for a decent price. During my initial go-over of the truck, I found some trunk floor components missing. It's missing the outer spare cover / trunk floor, and also the 2 adjacent side pocket covers. I circled the locations of the parts below (this pic has the missing center floor piece shown) Screenshot_20210726-184458_Chrome.jpg

Can any confirm that the following parts are the missing items and that they should also be with the truck? They weren't an additional option, were they?

Screenshot_20210726-183348_Chrome.jpg

If those are the correct parts and should be included, I'm going to make a stink before accepting delivery as that's a lot of $$ in missing parts. I feel they can reach out to the guy who traded it in(was at same dealership) and ask for them, or help me with the cost if not.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Reactions
You aren’t missing anything. Look at the inside edges of the open cubbies. The piece on the inboard side will slide up, then rotate it to sit flat on top of the cubbie.

Regarding the floor mat, my new 21 did not come with one. I bought a Weathertech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

Das_Stig

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thank you!

In regards to the item circled in the center, that is not a pic of the truck I'm buying, I was circling that panel for reference only, it is not included on the truck I'm buying.

Mine looks like this, minus the rubber mat in the area right above the spare:
Screenshot_20210726-192136_Chrome.jpg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You are missing the rubber mat then...but the side covers are currently being used as partitions. Take those out and place them on top to cover the side "bins".

Also, I'd double check the part number of the mat. I have a hard time believing that would be $300+!!! It's a cheap rubber mat. I wouldn't even sweat it if you are missing that. Sounds like your car is a used one. Not sure the dealer has any obligation to you regarding mats that come new... it's a used car!

OP
D

Das_Stig

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Hey thank you. I'm not looking for the mat, but the hard flippable cover, that the mat sits upon. Neither of those previous images are the truck I'm buying. Also, I think the partitions / covers are missing.

Here's the only pic I can find of the actual truck I'm buying and the rear compartment. Divider missing, floor bottom missing, right?

Screenshot_20210726-200659_Chrome.jpg

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The center panel can be installed in the lower position. If you can see the spare it is missing. If you can't then it is in there.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
OK, it would appear your truck is missing the top big board and the two side boards/partitions. The lower board that covers the spare looks like its there because i can see the front plastic trim that's attached to it. I would definitely get the dealer to commit to replacing those. Get it in writing if it's not too late.

OP
D

Das_Stig

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
OK, it would appear your truck is missing the top big board and the two side boards/partitions. The lower board that covers the spare looks like its there because i can see the front plastic trim that's attached to it. I would definitely get the dealer to commit to replacing those. Get it in writing if it's not too late.

Thank you for confirming. I haven't taken delivery yet and owe the down payment which is due upon delivery. We've already worked through the paperwork; lein docs, extended warranty, etc. It wasn't until after I left the dealer and was able to research these parts that I realized I should have pushed more on the subject. I was already pushing for a few other findings to be addressed that were, in my mind, a bigger priority than the trunk plastics.

I feel I can still be difficult with accepting delivery until they work with me on this. The parts are stupid expensive. I'll try and get something in writing before I leave if I'm able.

Thanks again.

Reactions
I think those are the correct parts.

OP
D

Das_Stig

Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Thanks for replying to my months old question!

I actually went a different direction. It turned out the explorer had big electrical issues and I ultimately cancelled the buy. It was literally at ford over 3 weeks having harnesses and modules replaced for a simple park aid fault, all before I could take delivery. I wound up in a newer Grand Cherokee with a hemi and am currently very happy with it.