Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Myth or Truth?

Blackssr

Reactions
15+ years ago I was retrofitting one of my vessels in Istanbul Turkey. We had a few days off while waiting for The Coast Guard and ABS to arrive to demonstrate my Automation System and get Type Approval for the Military Sealift Command vessel. We chartered a helicopter to take a tour of Mt Ararat, the alleged resting place of Noah's Ark. 1600 bucks later we did a fly by and to my surprise there was an actual "silhouette" of what appeared to be the remains of a large structure on the north face of the mountain. Hmmmmmm???? I was raised Catholic but since lost my way to be honest. My travels around the Globe have led my to listen, be tolerant and learn many religions. I took one thing from all my learnings... Every religion cannot be right.. So I realized that religion and prayer make people feel like they are not so alone in the world and gives them hope in the darkness of times. All is good, but I personally have more questions then answers. I have many friends who are Catholic, Jewish, Buddhists, Muslim, Christian, Atheist and Agnostic. We often discuss our views but no definitives are ever reached. We just live and let live. At this point, I would say I am Agnostic. I wish I had stronger faith.

What do you all think about the story of Noah's Ark? Myth or possible truth? Every scientist in the world debunks the story as impossible and merely a fable. Is it physically impossible for the scientific mind to rationalize? Truth be told, I really want to believe but the absurdness of the tale is beyond my beliefs.

No disrespect to anyone.. We are all truly fortunate to have the freedoms to practice what serves us best.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just another storyline in the biggest fairy tale ever told.

OP
Blackssr

Blackssr

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Just another storyline in the biggest fairy tale ever told.
That is one mans opinion...Straight and to the point. LOL

Reactions
Was Noah’s Arc made by Ford?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Was Noah’s Arc made by Ford?
Might have been. There were Cougars and Bobcats, Pintos, Broncos and Mustangs, and I heard that Noah had a couple of Cobras and Raptors on the Ark ! ;)

Reactions
And Ford rhymes with Lord. So I’m guessing it isn’t a big leap of faith!