Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Multiple clicking noises under the hood after turning off

Str8shtr

Reactions
Two weeks ago we bought a 2020 Explorer ST and I’ve noticed it makes a lot of clicking noises, like some electrical components are trying to turn on or off... after we have turned off the car and gotten out.... anyone else have this issue?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Two weeks ago we bought a 2020 Explorer ST and I’ve noticed it makes a lot of clicking noises, like some electrical components are trying to turn on or off... after we have turned off the car and gotten out.... anyone else have this issue?
Yes. I think we all do. It’s like a Transformer. Mine does it when I walk next to it. Like it’s getting g ready or waking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I hear the clicking noise also. If it’s a transformer, I hope it’s an autobot, not a decepticon.

OP
S

Str8shtr

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! I guess I won’t worry about it. Really happy with this car!

Reactions
Does it all the time. Valves, solenoids, etc etc. Ignore it.