Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Muffled phone calls @ higher speeds

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Has anyone experienced muffled phone calls using Bluetooth around 50mph and above? I have played around with the Sound Speed Compensated Volume but it does not seem to make a difference. It's under warranty and the dealer did not offer any suggestions. This is frustrating as I need to put it on speaker phone or use my AirPods instead of Bluetooth. I'm new to the Forum but have not been able to find any threads on this topic.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone experienced muffled phone calls using Bluetooth around 50mph and above? I have played around with the Sound Speed Compensated Volume but it does not seem to make a difference. It's under warranty and the dealer did not offer any suggestions. This is frustrating as I need to put it on speaker phone or use my AirPods instead of Bluetooth. I'm new to the Forum but have not been able to find any threads on this topic.
Welcome to the forum. I have not experienced what you describe.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I accidentally turned the phone audio down. All I had to do was turn the volume up during a call, problem solved. Are you on the call with the windows open? Since the phone is a speaker phone, extraneous noise will tend to mute the caller.

OP
Ed from Charlotte
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Thread Starter #4
I have the phone volume up, the windows are shut, Sync is up to date, and there is very little cabin noise at higher speeds (thank goodness it's quiet inside). Most of the time, I can hear the caller clearly, but they cannot hear me at speeds @ 50mph and above. Like I said, I took this to the dealer and they had no suggestions. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i would try deleting the phone profile and re-pairing it. To exclude the car's microphone issue, see if a different phone does the same thing.

OP
Ed from Charlotte
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
Thread Starter #6
Problem solved...I traded in my 2021 ST and purchased a new 2023 ST. Now my phone works great!