Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

MPG/Mechanical Issues after Modifications

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Happy Sunday Everyone! First, this is a terrific forum. I feel fortunate to have found it and am grateful for whoever decided to create it. The community that lives here is fantastic and almost as fun as driving my ST. So after doing plenty of research (mostly from this forum), I plan to upgrade my springs to Steeda lowering springs and replace my sway bar with a Steeda sway bar. As a previous BMW X5 owner, driving dynamics and handling are at the top of my list. I am wondering if anyone encountered any mpg or mechanical issues after making similar modifications to their ST, aside from driving the car more frequently because the FUN factor increased. Thank you!!!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
pretty safe with just Steeda springs and sway bar, which I highly recommend.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
welcome to the forum!

likewise. both very safe mods. if anything you may get a very slight perhaps theoretical only increase in mpg due to the vehicle being lower to the ground.

OP
LopezST
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks!! Full steam ahead.

OP
LopezST
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Finally got the Steeda lowering springs installed last week and talk about WOW! The car feels like it practically rides on rails, granted I have the aFe front sway bar and Steeda rear sway bar installed, but it's such a joy to drive this SUV. Anyone interested in greatly improved handling, the Steeda springs are a must.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Finally got the Steeda lowering springs installed last week and talk about WOW! The car feels like it practically rides on rails, granted I have the aFe front sway bar and Steeda rear sway bar installed, but it's such a joy to drive this SUV. Anyone interested in greatly improved handling, the Steeda springs are a must.
pictures or it didnt happen, lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Oh man I like the little rake Steeda springs have. I also like the blacked out stock wheels. thanks for pictures looks good.