Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Misfire

Reactions
So driving home today and and suddenly feel like I am driving over rumble strips as I am accelerating. Check engine light comes on and is flashing (NOT GOOD) and I get this text from FordPass. Dropped off to Dealer and hope its a quick fix. This is my third issue in six months of ownership and I can say that I am not happy which sucks because I like my ST. First my driver's side seat stopped heating and cooling, had that fixed (dealer had vehicle for two weeks), driver side seat started acting up again last week and I was waiting for oil change to address it. Last week, I got all types of weird sensor faults for ABS, lane assist etc. when I pulled out of a gas station (this seemed to reset itself after I pulled over and restarted) and now this. Any ideas or anyone have similar experience yet. I searched and did not locate anything on misfires.
1584578926001.png

Johnnyd

Reactions
Having the same exact issue. I assumed it to be a misfire, so I an hourhooked up a OBD2 scanner and it was confirmed cylinder 5 misfire. I assume it's an overheated coil as I had to sit still in traffic for. 12000 miles I should not be having these issues. Going to take it in to Ford tomorrow. I'm four hours into a 9 hour trip. Not Happy.

hbalek

Reactions
I had that check engine light and message on the app twice so the dealer reprogrammed and updated the PCM software and hasn't happened again in almost 3 months. Cross my fingers!

Gatorst1r

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
So driving home today and and suddenly feel like I am driving over rumble strips as I am accelerating. Check engine light comes on and is flashing (NOT GOOD) and I get this text from FordPass. Dropped off to Dealer and hope its a quick fix. This is my third issue in six months of ownership and I can say that I am not happy which sucks because I like my ST. First my driver's side seat stopped heating and cooling, had that fixed (dealer had vehicle for two weeks), driver side seat started acting up again last week and I was waiting for oil change to address it. Last week, I got all types of weird sensor faults for ABS, lane assist etc. when I pulled out of a gas station (this seemed to reset itself after I pulled over and restarted) and now this. Any ideas or anyone have similar experience yet. I searched and did not locate anything on misfires.
View attachment 468
My 23 ST is doing the same thing in cylinder one. It’s not the plugs or the coils, do you have an update on what the source of the problem was with yours?