Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Memory Seats

Lexie

Reactions
I was just wondering if anyone else is having memory seat issues. My ST seems to forget the settings every now and then. Seems like sometimes I hit my seat setting and it will literally go all the way forward and raise the back all the way forward.
Just don't understand how this happens. Seems like even the Explorer Limited I had for 2 weeks did the same thing every now and then. Must be a programing issue with all the Explorers.

Reactions
I have had issues. Not quite your issue in the ST (I did have that exact issue in an Escape). I've found if I interrupt a memory recall (like hitting the start button while the seat is moving) the seat, mirrors, etc. continue, but then stop short of their destination. Another tap on the recall button usually gets them moving to the full positions. Sometimes it takes multiple presses.
I've had memory issues in the past (no, with my Escapeso_O) where I had to disconnect power at the battery for a complete reset. Putting all the presets back in is a real pain, so for now I just wait to move my seat until I've hit the start button - and no problems.

PJ

Reactions
I was just wondering if anyone else is having memory seat issues. My ST seems to forget the settings every now and then. Seems like sometimes I hit my seat setting and it will literally go all the way forward and raise the back all the way forward.
Just don't understand how this happens. Seems like even the Explorer Limited I had for 2 weeks did the same thing every now and then. Must be a programing issue with all the Explorers.
Yes! Mine does the same thing! I notice it more if I don’t drive it every day.

sean6365

Reactions
Ours just started acting up. When switching between saved 1 and 2. Everything moves as soon as the button is pushed except for the back/recline. It takes it about 45 seconds to move into position, even when going down the road it’ll finally get into the correct position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I am currently on a long drive and everytime I stop to get gas/food etc. and come back, the memory recall just pushes the seat so far in front. It is absolutely annoying because now I have to start from scratch and find that sweet spot of comfort. This gets magnified since it is a long trip and hours behind the wheel. Please help if you have been able to identify the problem or even better, fix it

Reactions
Hi,

It sounds like the key fob you are using is programmed for a shorter driver. Did you program your key fob to your preferences?

Good luck and safe travels,

Ron

Reactions
Hi,

It sounds like the key fob you are using is programmed for a shorter driver. Did you program your key fob to your preferences?

Ron
I did Not do any programming with my key fob. In fact I don't even know how to program it. How do I program it and how does it help fix the memory problem?

Reactions
Mine does some hilarious shit now and then...sets everything but the seat correct, and every time I push the button it moves the seat a tiny bit further forward - about half an inch or so. So if I push the button repeatedly it just keeps inching the chair forward a tiny bit at a time. Have to manually put the seat in the right position and re-assign the memory.

Reactions
Hi,
There is a procedure in the manual to program each fob to the driver's preferences.
Good luck,
Ron

Reactions
Hi,
There is am easy exit setting that moves the seat back and steering wheel up to allow for easier access.
Cheers,
Ron

Reactions
Mine does some hilarious shit now and then...sets everything but the seat correct, and every time I push the button it moves the seat a tiny bit further forward - about half an inch or so. So if I push the button repeatedly it just keeps inching the chair forward a tiny bit at a time. Have to manually put the seat in the right position and re-assign the memory.
This is exactly my problem. It keeps inching it forward a bit at a time and then eventually you realize when your knee is hitting the dash. I am doing the exact same thing that you are doing to overcome this problem.

Reactions
Hi,
There is am easy exit setting that moves the seat back and steering wheel up to allow for easier access.
Cheers,
Ron
Yeah I have been using it from day one. Here is my problem with it. The easy/entry does Not move back enough for me to get out of the car without squeezing out. So if I just move it more after that, then the memory setting for the actual driving position is gone instantly. So I turned it off. I am driving back now from California, will reach tomorrow and will give all the details on my experiment and the exact behavior of my seat. I know I have Not given any of that yet.

Reactions
Sorry, I am 6'5" so all the easy exit setting does for me is raise the steering wheel. The seat is already back as far as it goes. I was just happy to find a vehicle with both enough leg room and head room. Cheers.

Reactions
Hi,

Would that matter if the memory is set for the number on the door? I never programmed the fob either and I have to adjust the seat almost every time as well. I thought that it was because we both had our fobs in the car at the same time, but that wasn't it. Guess I need to have it checked out by the dealer.

Reactions
Mine does the same. My wife will take my car and I'll try to put it back to my "memory 1" and it instead pushes the seat all the way forward. It's beyond annoying and I have set it several times. I'd go to the dealer but I'm tuned so I'm living with it for now lol