Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Memory Seat

iBobFX4

Reactions
Is it my imagination, or does the memory seat not apply to the seat height?

Reactions
Not you're imagination. Try NOT punching the memory button until after you've started your ST. If it's still not going to the memory position, try saving to a different button. If it STILL refuses, before you take it to the dealer, disconnect the battery for a few minutes. I know it's a pain - you lose all memory - but that's what fixed it on one of my Escapes.

PJ

STO

Reactions
I thought I was crazy too, but I know I set it all the way back and it puts my memory about 2" short.

Reactions
I set MEM-3 to all the way back & down. (6'1" 250lb.) MEM-2 is where I ride. Mem-1 for better half. And I have EASY ENTRY= ON.
MEM-3 would just NOT go all the way down & back. I changed the store to MEM-2 and my ride to 3. Sort of worked. Then I changed it back. MEM-3 now DOES go all the way and I tied it to my key so it goes there automatically. Go figure? MEM-2 still sometimes takes 2, 3, or 4 presses to get all the way.

Mark S.

Reactions
My seat height does not change either. Not sure if is suppose to or not. Does anybody else seat height change for them?

elphil

Reactions
Are you pairing his and her remotes to the seat memories? Page 148 in the manual.

Last edited:
Reactions
I don't quite understand your issue. Does the seat operate to its full extents using the manual controls? ( I had that issue with one of my Escapes. Battery disconnect reset all systems and it was fixed.)

Or do you mean the memory function doesn't extend fully to the memorized position?