Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Massage seats?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just picked up my 2022 explorer ST and when I press settings there is no “seats” option….is there a chance the software needs to be updated? And if so where and how can I find the update and how to download and Install it?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I just picked up my 2022 explorer ST and when I press settings there is no “seats” option….is there a chance the software needs to be updated? And if so where and how can I find the update and how to download and Install it?
To get to messaged seats press the center button on the Lombard adjustment and it should send you to that settings page.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
They removed the massaging seats.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
They removed that option, its not like the rear A/C controls. The seats were just left off the builds completely in builds built after about Feb or March this year i believe.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for the replies, sounds like more of a problem to have them anyways

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Not a problem at all on my 2020, well at least not yet, haha. I am thinking the 2020 will be a collectors item at some point.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Not a problem at all on my 2020, well at least not yet, haha. I am thinking the 2020 will be a collectors item at some point.
My 2021 massage seat is the cheapest seat I’ve ever sat in. Never have I been in a car where the seat creaked as much as this one. Every single turn when your weight shifts and the seat makes noise up to high heaven. It’s the most annoying and uncomfortable thing to deal with. It makes me hate driving the car. My girlfriends Hyundai and literally ever Dodge/jeep product I’ve ever owned and literally every car I’ve ever been in in my entire life has never made as much noise or felt as rickety or ‘cheap’ as the seat in this car. It’s literally my biggest complaint of the car. No one else has this problem? I don’t even use the massage function, it barely does anything. Unfortunately I bought the car used, if I optioned it out new I wouldn’t have gotten the “upgraded” seats. F***ing P.O.S

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
My 2021 massage seat is the cheapest seat I’ve ever sat in. Never have I been in a car where the seat creaked as much as this one. Every single turn when your weight shifts and the seat makes noise up to high heaven. It’s the most annoying and uncomfortable thing to deal with. It makes me hate driving the car. My girlfriends Hyundai and literally ever Dodge/jeep product I’ve ever owned and literally every car I’ve ever been in in my entire life has never made as much noise or felt as rickety or ‘cheap’ as the seat in this car. It’s literally my biggest complaint of the car. No one else has this problem? I don’t even use the massage function, it barely does anything. Unfortunately I bought the car used, if I optioned it out new I wouldn’t have gotten the “upgraded” seats. F***ing P.O.S
We love our seats. If you are still under warranty I would have the dealer replace your seat. My brother in law has a BMW M5 and yes the leather is higher quality in a $100K car, but the massaging part of the seats are similar.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm picking my '22 ST up in a few days. I was looking forward to the massage seats. According to the window sticker it was built in September, so I guess I'll be missing out.

I noticed in the build and price tool the "Premium Technology Package" is $1295 and includes the seats. My sticker shows "Technology Package" at $995 and only lists the 14 speakers and 10.1" screen.

locoliberty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
They removed that option, its not like the rear A/C controls. The seats were just left off the builds completely in builds built after about Feb or March this year i believe.
I have an april 22 build and do have massage seats. One day we can have some sticky threads where we unwind these kinds of messes.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have an april 22 build and do have massage seats. One day we can have some sticky threads where we unwind these kinds of messes.
Yeah, Ford appears to have gone back and forth with some getting certain features and some not.
My 2022 is a January 22 build and has them.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine was built in March and has them.

Reactions
May of 22 I have them.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
2020 here with massage seats and love them. Helps unwind after a long day working in the ER

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
There is a TSB for the creaking seats. Had ours repaired and the noise is now gone.

We also love the messaging seats.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
There is a TSB for the creaking seats. Had ours repaired and the noise is now gone.

We also love the messaging seats.
Did they tell you what they did to fix it or did they keep it top secret?

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
I bought my ST in Aug 2020 and I can probably count on one hand the number of times either seat massage has been used. I always felt it was very gimmicky. But that's just one man's opinion