Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Low grade (and annoying) vibration between 30-50mph

Reactions
I have a 2020 ST (bought brand new, about 10k miles now) and while I loved driving it at the beginning there is now a low grade vibration/feeling that starts around 30/35mph and seems to be noticeable until about 50mph. I've felt it with both my summer and winter tires on and it's super annoying because most of my driving is "in-town" so I'm almost always going between 30-50mph. It comes from the front passenger side and when I hit that speed it almost feels like I'm driving over small bumps all the time!!! Mostly the feeling is in the gas pedal, but sometimes it feels unbalanced the same way it sounds when you only have one window open, not an actual thumping sounds but a feeling in the front of the car. Anyone else have this issue?!? What could it be? Dealer hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary during tire changes/routine appts. No accidents, serviced regularly. Thanks

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Loose fiber shield under floor pan? Just a thought.

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Are you using the same wheels with the tire changes? Could be a slightly bent wheel. Something may be loose in a suspension part. Go to another dealer if need be to have it resolved.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
I have a 2020 ST (bought brand new, about 10k miles now) and while I loved driving it at the beginning there is now a low grade vibration/feeling that starts around 30/35mph and seems to be noticeable until about 50mph. I've felt it with both my summer and winter tires on and it's super annoying because most of my driving is "in-town" so I'm almost always going between 30-50mph. It comes from the front passenger side and when I hit that speed it almost feels like I'm driving over small bumps all the time!!! Mostly the feeling is in the gas pedal, but sometimes it feels unbalanced the same way it sounds when you only have one window open, not an actual thumping sounds but a feeling in the front of the car. Anyone else have this issue?!? What could it be? Dealer hasn't noticed anything out of the ordinary during tire changes/routine appts. No accidents, serviced regularly. Thanks

Have you ever found out what it was or how to fix it?

(long shot seeing only 1 post but still... better than no shot :))