Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Looking for New Exhaust

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey guys, I know the exhaust really isn't much of a concern when it comes to building power, but would a borla atak exhaust with a 2.25" size make a difference from stock exhaust with a 93 tune, whipple IC, CVF downpipes and afe Momentum GT 5r intake? I might have plans to go with a HPFP and injectors in the future and bump the ethanol up. So I'm wondering if anyone is or has run the Borla atak and compared to stock and or a larger diameter exhaust? I keep reading about exhaust is for "fun noise" and intake for "looks", ect...but wondering if there have been any REAL comparisons between the exhaust or even the i takes? On the dyno, dragy and street/strip testing.. I am in the process as we speak. Got the intake on, catch can and going to get DP and IC done in the next few weeks. And then do the tune as the final mod to bring it all together. Just wondering if there is a difference after the tune and other bolt ons with the stock size pipe that borla uses....

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
2.25" is OE. It will sound different, but you're staying stock as far as pipe diameter goes. Several 2.5" and 3" systems available. Thermal makes both and seems to be a popular choice. AWE is on the cusp of releasing a 3" system too.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I have the 3” SPD DP’s and Thermal 3” exhaust and love how it sounds! I think it’s how it should sound in the first place but some don’t like it. It’s a bit loud when you get into the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk