Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Livernois (LMS) Stage 4

Reactions
P-Gear P610S used for timing. 1ft rollout enabled as I understand Draggy has this set by default.
Great conditions, 80°F and low humidity

2021 Explorer ST
1/2 tank of 93 gas (Marathon)
Factory 21" wheels and tires
Nothing removed for weight reduction
pretty crappy road, although the ST did hook up nicely!

Mods:
Whipple IC
K&N drop in filter
Livernois Stage 4 tune

Times:
On stock tune w/ DA of 3856 ran a 5.08s with Whipple and K&N (last week, same stretch of road)

Today w/ DA of 2283 and on Stage 4 tune ran a 4.17s. I flashed the LMS Stg4 tune and drove a few days for the transmission to settle in. Shifting on this run in Sport mode was VERY smooth. Not bad for a 3 row SUV.

Same launch technique on both at ~2500 RPM. I'll try to get 1/8 and 1/4 miles sometime.

I am very happy with the performance of the LMS in sport mode, but in normal mode the shifting still feels a bit rough. Maybe a bit more driving in normal mode will help. I have a ~300 mile trip tomorrow, hopefully that will smooth it out a little. Communication with LMS has been amazing. My only issue is the datalogging, or lack thereof. It does log various parameters, but diving into the values is nearly impossible. I am planning on upgrading the turbos eventually, and datalogging will be paramount. This said I ordered the new HP Tuners MPVI2+ yesterday and will be requesting a tune from ZFG. Sport mode with the LMS is amazing, but I have nothing but the stock tune to compare it to. Please let's not turn this into a pissing match of "my tuner is better than your tuner". Constructive feedback only please.

Screenshot_20210803-121506_P-GEAR.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
twin001
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Made it to Mexico and pulled a 1/4mi run. Not bad considering the temp and DA. Softer launch at 2,500 RPM this time, but happy with the 60' time. This thing just moves. Shifting was buttery smooth.

12.49 @ 109mph
Whipple, K&N, and LMS Stg4 are the mods.

Attachments

Last edited:

LeoXTR

Reactions
Bad ass numbers, I’ve always used LMS in my two previous Explorer Sport and they never disappoint. Pretty good people, and customer service was too notch, only thing is like you said there’s no dataloging.