Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

License plate and trailer hitch cover

Reactions
I bought this one off Etsy for the back. Since the trim is black it looks way better than the chrome one the dealer put on. It did rattle a little so I used some 3M trim adhesive to secure the plate to the frame and then but a couple dollops on the bottom screw inserts to secure the whole thing to the vehicle. No rattling or bouncing now.
1615749299681.png

Attachments

Tomt

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Here is my hitch cover. I also have the Ford Performance license plate bracket.
Do you get all the bulb out notifications? Such a pain

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Tomt

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
How do you hook it up w/o bulb out error message

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
I bought this one off Etsy for the back. Since the trim is black it looks way better than the chrome one the dealer put on. It did rattle a little so I used some 3M trim adhesive to secure the plate to the frame and then but a couple dollops on the bottom screw inserts to secure the whole thing to the vehicle. No rattling or bouncing now.
View attachment 4613

Just got this in to replace the standard weave CF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
What is everyone using for their license plate brackets and covers on the trailer hitch?

Custom 3d printed from a gentleman here on the forum. Wrapped in Vivvid forged carbon. Wrap will change to a different forged carbon soon.

Reactions

Custom 3d printed from a gentleman here on the forum. Wrapped in Vivvid forged carbon. Wrap will change to a different forged carbon soon.

I'm still trying to talk myself into that expense from Zeus.

Doug

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What is everyone using for their license plate brackets and covers on the trailer hitch?
great question and relevant topic today. I tried a few plate covers and like this one because it didn’t cover any data and still protects the plate through a car wash. Great for the rear since its raised a tad off the tailgate. Other covers gave me condensation or obscuring issues.

Researched hitch covers for a while, and preferred something oem but didn’t see anything. So anything with Ford on it caught my attention. And even that selection is limited. Found this hitch cover that fit the bill. Like that its strappped to the receiver so it can’t get lost.

License Plate Frame - https://amzn.to/3RyJi8G (Amazon paid link)
Hitch Cover - https://amzn.to/3BYh4hP (Amazon paid link)

Last edited: