Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Let's talk display settings

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
When I go menu and choose display, It tells me I got to select a minimum of 2.
So how do I tell it which one I want on display?

I assume that I can not monitor on the display tire pressures and fuel economy at the same time. If not that sucks. All that room on display and only one thing at a time.

If I select tire pressure, fuel economy, trip 1 , or more.
How does it determine. Which one to display,?

Don't make sense to me.

Jim

Reactions
When you select the ones you want to display you have to cycle through them (up and down if I remember right). I'd confirm but I should hopefully have my Explorer on Monday.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey Jim,

So what you do with that menu is select with the little checkboxes which items you want to show on the right hand side (or middle if in Sport Mode). Then to access each item you just press the up/down arrows to cycle through which ones you are interested in. I essentially just selected every one that it would let me, but usually leave it showing trip.

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Hey Jim,

So what you do with that menu is select with the little checkboxes which items you want to show on the right hand side (or middle if in Sport Mode). Then to access each item you just press the up/down arrows to cycle through which ones you are interested in. I essentially just selected every one that it would let me, but usually leave it showing trip.
Aha, gotcha,
I'm so stupid.
After you go back on display , just move the up/down button.

Ok , so now I know why only one at a time.

Thanks

Jim

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Another question.

What's that mountain scenery display about.
I don't see it very often.
So what triggers it?
What's it for?

Can it be changed.

Sorry for being such a dummy.

Jim

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Still can't get an answer to that mountain scenery.

Jim

Reactions
Another question.

What's that mountain scenery display about.
I don't see it very often.
So what triggers it?
What's it for?

Can it be changed.

Sorry for being such a dummy.

Jim
From what I have read there is no way to change those backgrounds. If memory serves that is the background for one of the off-road drive modes (I haven't played with them all yet)

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I see it pop up occasionally , not all the time, I can't figure out what's triggering it.

Jim

Reactions
Is there software to mod the displays at all? such as add IAT, boost/vacuum, etc? Or is the best bet to use a bluetooth OBD2 & phone or gauges?

Reactions
Is there software to mod the displays at all? such as add IAT, boost/vacuum, etc? Or is the best bet to use a bluetooth OBD2 & phone or gauges?
OBD2 is going to be your best bet for that

Reactions
I see it pop up occasionally , not all the time, I can't figure out what's triggering it.

Jim
Drive_ECO.jpg Drive_Normal.jpg Drive_Slippery.jpg Drive_SnowSand.jpg Drive_Sport.jpg Drive_TowHaul.jpg Drive_Trail.jpg

These are all the modes (took photos today), is it the trail mode background that you are seeing?

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
no. he is referring to the shut down animation. it shows a mountain scene as the display powers down.

Reactions
no. he is referring to the shut down animation. it shows a mountain scene as the display powers down.
Yeah I thought about that after I did the post, same as startup if I remember right

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Yes this.

But I don't always see it.

Sometimes just entering vehicle , sometimes when leaving vehicle.

I can't pin it down.

Jim

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I believe that I have seen it just opening the door to retrieve something from car.

Jim

Reactions
I think that’s just the first and last thing the screen displays when it powers on or off. Does the same thing for me too. Just a default image. Maybe because one might go Explore mountains, and the car is an Explorer? My guess anyway.

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
A while back , before I got mine , a guy showed me his new ST, he was inside the restaurant , I asked if I could look it over, even sit in it.
I did , and when I got in that scenery was on the display .
I thought it was cool.

No fob within 20 ft.

I'm puzzled.

Wish I could figure out exactly what triggers it.

Jim

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Its much simpler than you are making it out to be Jim. Its just an animation that displays when the gauge cluster screen turns on/off. Its like the shutdown noise or startup noise that Audis make and computers used to make 10 years ago. The reason why it seems intermittent to you is because sometimes the gauge cluster isn't put to sleep or turned on when the start/stop button is pressed because it may already be on or some other combination of factors tell the vehicle that the operator isn't leaving the vehicle just yet. its the same with the "ST" logo shown on the infotainment screen--you see it at screen startup and screen shutdown--its just that not every engine on/off event triggers a corresponding screen on/off event.

mine turns on every time i open the door to hop in (if the car is off.... if i used remote start, it doesn't turn on when i hop in (or maybe it did previously but i was in the house and couldn't see it)) and plays every time i turn the ignition off and jump out.

Reactions
I use Calm Screen. It's a clean look. I don't feel I need to monitor all aspects of vehicle while driving. If something is wrong, the car will let me know. At that point, if necessary, I can pull over and deal with it. My real job requires we constantly monitor many displays so we know if something is happening before it happens, because we can't just pull over.

OP
Symetry

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
@zdubyadubya , thanks man.

It's not a big deal ..just trying to get to know every little thing about this vehicle.

I will start watching exactly what/when it happens.

Jim