Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Late to the party

Krombopulos Michael

U.S. Marine Veteran
Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I purchased my wife’s new (to us) family hauler last week, a 2020 Silver ST.

I’ve wanted one since they came out but they were way out of our price range as a general purpose vehicle. Having younger kids, they will wreak havoc on the interior so a new 60k+ vehicle (with markups) didn’t make sense.

Flash forward to last week, our Subaru Outback 3.6R started having ac issues for the third time. Since I could not repair myself within reason (the blend door was inop requiring dash removal) and the cost of repair for a $40 part was over 1k, it was time to bring by wife into the ford family.

I’ve owned several performance Ford vehicles, most of which I still own. In my stable are 2012 Raptor, 01 lightning and my 04 Marauder. I sold my 02 Harley F150 to my brother.

We love the ST even with all the “quirks” that come with it. Learning a lot from this forum to try and correct them. I’ve already ordered the stop start eliminator and replaced the evap purge valve that caused the car to fail to start after filling the tank. Now I need to tackle the USB not reading or charging my phone as well as the wireless charger refusing to charge. Found some brand new floor liners for $50 locally.
Looking forward to many years of family fun with our new to us car. When my wife is sick of it, I’ll turn up the boost and make it another one of my fun cars.

Madisonville ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

I’ve wanted one since they came out but they were way out of our price range as a general purpose vehicle. Having younger kids, they will wreak havoc on the interior so a new 60k+ vehicle (with markups) didn’t make sense.

Flash forward to last week, our Subaru Outback 3.6R started having ac issues for the third time. Since I could not repair myself within reason (the blend door was inop requiring dash removal) and the cost of repair for a $40 part was over 1k, it was time to bring by wife into the ford family.

I’ve owned several performance Ford vehicles, most of which I still own. In my stable are 2012 Raptor, 01 lightning and my 04 Marauder. I sold my 02 Harley F150 to my brother.

We love the ST even with all the “quirks” that come with it. Learning a lot from this forum to try and correct them. I’ve already ordered the stop start eliminator and replaced the evap purge valve that caused the car to fail to start after filling the tank. Now I need to tackle the USB not reading or charging my phone as well as the wireless charger refusing to charge. Found some brand new floor liners for $50 locally.
Looking forward to many years of family fun with our new to us car. When my wife is sick of it, I’ll turn up the boost and make it another one of my fun cars.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Welcome to the forum

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Congratulations on you purchase and welcome to the forum.