Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Keeping the factory wheels clean/ glossy

Mr. M

Reactions
Don’t crucify me for this. I live near the Chicagoland area and as you can imagine the winters can be harsh. I’m guilty for taking my ST to the car wash which was not touch less. I am now dealing with the consequences of that being that my rims are no longer a glossy black when wiped clean. Any tips on how to restore them back or am I just S.O.L?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. You might take a compound/polishing product from Meguiars or Mothers and bring them back. lots of products out there.(y)

Blackssr

Reactions
Photos would help

GTP

Reactions
If they have swirl marks, you might call a car detailer shop and ask for a quote for paint correction buffing. Or DIY. Then follow up with sealer wax.

Ceramic coating seems like a good idea, but it is expensive and I don't think it protects much better than an annual wax, because the wheels have the harshest environment of the whole car.

Explorer ST Posts