Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just off the Truck.

Reactions
Went to a local Ford Dealership to test drive a sold ST and the delivery truck just arrived with 6 new Misc vehicles. One was a 2021 ST that wasnt sold. We grabbed it. 6 buyers called on it after it arrived. Lucky Find. Funny they are still producing 2021 vehicles in late October. 85EE5535-C3BA-48A0-B559-3987763384C2.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions
congrats!

yellow lights?

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats

hxrly

Reactions
Nice! Congrats. Mine is a 10/21 build as well, I declined the dealer's car wash and removed most of the stickers myself.

1636512727897.png

Beetsnack

Reactions
Yes. One of first things i ordered. Lamin-X film, Bumper plugs for the front lic frame and weatertech floor liners.

Where did you get the plugs for the lic frame holes? Did yours have the plate bracket riveted on?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Where did you get the plugs for the lic frame holes? Did yours have the plate bracket riveted on?
It was delivered with the frame riveted on. Got the plugs from bumperplugs.com $29 for two plugs but.... you can pick your color. The third hole i just used a flat black plug i had from another project.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Nice! Congrats. Mine is a 10/21 build as well, I declined the dealer's car wash and removed most of the stickers myself.

View attachment 8455
Was yours a custom order? I have a 22 nearing production and I as well would like to avoid the dealer doing any car wash. Wondering if that’s something they ask or if I should reach out early and let them know.

Reactions
NEVER let the dealer wash your car or buff it.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Was yours a custom order? I have a 22 nearing production and I as well would like to avoid the dealer doing any car wash. Wondering if that’s something they ask or if I should reach out early and let them know.
I always custom order. You must let them know upfront and be very serious about it. My dealership knows I won't take it home if they let their lot personnel do their normal thing. Tell them you want it delivered in the plastic. Seats and floors will have their covers and common contact areas on the exterior will also still be covered. Then go home and do a top-notch detail and get your LSP on it.

Now I will make this comment. When mine showed up it had clear molded plastic covers on the red calipers. I had never seen this before and didn't spot it. I started to get a funny smell on the way home and pulled over to check it out. I got this off before it melted but it could have been a mess and I'd have no one but myself to blame.

Last edited:
OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Hi. No. Got lucky and it just arrived. The front plate was already on when it was taken off truck. Wasnt put on at dealer.

OP
T
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
Hi. No. Got lucky and it just arrived. The front plate was already on when it was taken off truck. Wasnt put on at dealer.
And we are in Florida which doesnt require front lic plates.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I always custom order. You must let them know upfront and be very serious about it. My dealership knows I won't take it home if they let their lot personnel do their normal thing. Tell them you want it delivered in the plastic. Seats and floors will have their covers and common contact areas on the exterior will also still be covered. Then go home and do a top-notch detail and get your LSP on it.

Now I will make this comment. When mine showed up it had clear molded plastic covers on the red calipers. I had never seen this before and didn't spot it. I started to get a funny smell on the way home and pulled over to check it out. I got this off before it melted but it could have been a mess and I'd have no one but myself to blame.
Very helpful info, thanks! Once my ships I will be sure to let the dealer know of my requests.

Explorer ST Posts