Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just noticed a new Strut Tower Brace

Reactions
Just saw another strut tower brace for the ST. I'm sure it is more rigid than factory but I think I like the design and appearance of the FennFab brace better than this Steeda design. For a component like this I not only want it to be functional but also help dress up the engine bay as well.
1623893874113.png

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I built my own. Same center bar FenFab uses. Less than $50 all in 36297BF9-6D41-465D-AE01-F82DD7A58C87.jpeg

OP
NYKn1ght
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I built my own. Same center bar FenFab uses. Less than $50 all in View attachment 6347
The best looking one to date! I could see myself color matching the center bar itself to the body.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The best looking one to date! I could see myself color matching the center bar itself to the body.
I’m holding off to see what else I or others can come up with them I’ll have it all color matched together.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Here's one of your few chances to get a little chrome back under the hood. ;)

Reactions
Steeda's instructions say to torque the bolts to the manufacturer recommended torque - does anyone have the shop manual that says how much this is?

Reactions
Steeda's instructions say to torque the bolts to the manufacturer recommended torque - does anyone have the shop manual that says how much this is?
I believe it is 22lb-ft. for those bolts. I’ll have to see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Yep, confirmed - I just bought the shop manuals - it is 30 N*m (22 lb*ft).
Awesome! Where did you get the shop manual from? I got my giant *.pdf from 'factory-manuals.com'. 2020Explorer_struttowerBar_TorqueSpec.png

Reactions
Here's a couple shots of the bar installed on my ST.
ST2.jpg ST3.jpg

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Here's a couple shots of the bar installed on my ST.
That brace looks sweet. Can you tell that it's stiffer than stock?

Reactions
That brace looks sweet. Can you tell that it's stiffer than stock?
To me, yes. A bit. I really like the look vs. stock too.

Reactions
How did they do the underside of the plates? Are their spacers that slip on the bolts? Or are they welded on?

Reactions
How did they do the underside of the plates? Are their spacers that slip on the bolts? Or are they welded on?
They included two billet steel spacers for the front two most bolts (1 on each side). The two rear bolts (again, 1 each side) are reused from the factory. The instructions do show/mention it. :)

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Is this brace available right now?
You have to contact Brett at FenFab to make you one. His number is on the site. Responds with texts and emails.

Last edited:

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thank you.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't know, I'd rather have the Steeda. Looks too much like the braces they had for my previous Nissans and Subaru. Aluminum alloy that looked solid but flexed way too much and don't like how the bar is bolted at the brackets.