Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Just a little red bling and a Borla to make it sing.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Doing the Borla today, not familiar with the fake engine noise? Is it a baffle inside?
I know I won’t really see a HP gain and the S is a mellower tone compared to the Attack. I just absolutely hate the stock turned down exhaust. I pointed it out when we bought it, the dealer said it was to keep the tips looking clean??
When we got into the car I hopped onto Borla’s site and ordered them.
It looks great and I'm sure the sound is still better than the stock mufflers! Question: does a cat-back mod (or any others for that matter) void Ford's warranty?

I just picked up a 2022 last month and I'm considering the Borla - S also and the Whipple Intercooler.

OP
MACH13

MACH13

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #22
It looks great and I'm sure the sound is still better than the stock mufflers! Question: does a cat-back mod (or any others for that matter) void Ford's warranty?

I just picked up a 2022 last month and I'm considering the Borla - S also and the Whipple Intercooler.
I can’t answer this for 100% certainty. I’ve done a couple aftermarket exhausts while under warranty to other cars with zero problems from the dealers. This is our first new Ford. Just like the others they (Ford) would have to show that the exhaust was the cause or a contributing factor to any warranty claim.
As for other mods, I’m in Ca. and they’re not too friendly to tuner mods, air intakes etc. I may do a AEM intake and take it off when having to do a smog, still kind of in the fence tho.