Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JDM Engineering

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I'm so excited just ordered the followingNEW SCT X4 tuning device, The Latest Custom tuning file from JDM Engineering, and a Whipple MEGA Cooler Intercooler!

Reactions
I'm so excited just ordered the followingNEW SCT X4 tuning device, The Latest Custom tuning file from JDM Engineering, and a Whipple MEGA Cooler Intercooler!
I also have their 93 tune. It's very impressive!
You won't be disappointed.

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
my last rid was 87 all the way lets see how i like 93
Thanks

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Going to be installing the Whipple IC and aFe cold air intake this weekend on my wife's St and will purchase a tune after that. Interested on how you JDM tune works out. Do you know if they can eliminate the auto start/stop function?

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Going to be installing the Whipple IC and aFe cold air intake this weekend on my wife's St and will purchase a tune after that. Interested on how you JDM tune works out. Do you know if they can eliminate the auto start/stop function?
I can ask them, cant you go in to the menu and turn it off?

Cajun Heat

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I can ask them, cant you go in to the menu and turn it off?
It will only disable for each run function, pressing the button the center console, and then next time you start it again it does it again.

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
It will only disable for each run function, pressing the button the center console, and then next time you start it again it does it again.
thank you ill ask them

Reactions
JDM removes the auto start/stop yes.
I have had a few revisions done and 2 different tunes and both of them did not have the auto start/stop thankfully.

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
I'll ask them

enthalpy

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I also will be using JDM. I have an afe intake and cvf intercooler to install, then I will flash. I already installed steeda springs and axle back pipes until I upgrade entire exhaust.

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
that is great any photos

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
JDM removes the auto start/stop yes.
I have had a few revisions done and 2 different tunes and both of them did not have the auto start/stop thankfully.
What revisions did you need?
When they tuned my Raptor they just get your stock tune adjust with a copy and paste tune send it to you and that’s it. Are they actually writing tunes for your exact explorer these days? I hope so but was gonna use them even if just a standard file. I’m not trying to get every bit out of it.

Reactions
What revisions did you need?
When they tuned my Raptor they just get your stock tune adjust with a copy and paste tune send it to you and that’s it. Are they actually writing tunes for your exact explorer these days? I hope so but was gonna use them even if just a standard file. I’m not trying to get every bit out of it.
We have had a few updates over the years for the ST already, he had a couple early tunes that we updated as we added them to our files. Anything in the last 6 months roughly has our latest and greatest!

And YES we shut of that annoying Auto Start/stop feature!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
We have had a few updates over the years for the ST already, he had a couple early tunes that we updated as we added them to our files. Anything in the last 6 months roughly has our latest and greatest!

And YES we shut of that annoying Auto Start/stop feature!
Hi Jim, I’m in NY and very. Interested in getting one of your tunes. Will it void the warranty though?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Has anyone with the JDM tune changed back to the factory tune and taken their ST into a dealership for warranty work? If so, did the technicians detect that a custom tune had been previously added?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone with the JDM tune changed back to the factory tune and taken their ST into a dealership for warranty work? If so, did the technicians detect that a custom tune had been previously added?
You can search the threads and read what people say. You will get a bunch of opinions and they are probably correct for the most part but IMO you need to figure this out for yourself that would suck if your shit blows up cuz you listened to a guy on the internet.
I’m getting this tune sooner or later and if something goes wrong I will expect to pay for it myself if dealer covers awesome if not I’m aware of my choices. It’s my work car so it gets the least amount of love.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
You can search the threads and read what people say. You will get a bunch of opinions and they are probably correct for the most part but IMO you need to figure this out for yourself that would suck if your shit blows up cuz you listened to a guy on the internet.
I’m getting this tune sooner or later and if something goes wrong I will expect to pay for it myself if dealer covers awesome if not I’m aware of my choices. It’s my work car so it gets the least amount of love.
Yea, I’m wondering if anyone has actual experience with using the JDM tune, reverting back to stock and getting warranty work done. On their website, it says “Saves factory tune file and can be reverted back to stock for service or warranty work in only minutes” which seems to imply that their tune wouldn’t void the warranty. Has anyone had that experience?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yea, I’m wondering if anyone has actual experience with using the JDM tune, reverting back to stock and getting warranty work done. On their website, it says “Saves factory tune file and can be reverted back to stock for service or warranty work in only minutes” which seems to imply that their tune wouldn’t void the warranty. Has anyone had that experience?
Oh yes you can swap the tune back to your factory tune.
The rest is dependent on your dealer. Even if someone says yes they have swapped back to stock and warranty work was done does not mean that will happen for you. That’s all I’m trying to tell you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 explorer st
Oh yes you can swap the tune back to your factory tune.
The rest is dependent on your dealer. Even if someone says yes they have swapped back to stock and warranty work was done does not mean that will happen for you. That’s all I’m trying to tell you.
Got it. Thank you.