Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

JB4 thoughts

OGThorne

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
FYI there are already tunes out to run straight E85. No HPFP or injectors needed.
Not max power. Zfg does e50 max effort

OGThorne

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
TMac
My wife's SUV is an explorer ST and it has a juice box... So me saying no cels is a valid statement.

If they're electronic wastegates it's possible to control them with a piggyback

Same with oxygen sensors, it's a 0-5v volt scale if you tell the car is leaner then it really it is, it adds fuel.

You said your engineer I am also an engineer I'm an information security engineer and Ham operator and I do all kinds of electronic experimentation for fun. So the two of us should be able to discuss how a piggyback works with a common ground unless you just don't understand electronic engineering which is okay I don't know what type of engineer you are.

I don't have my laptop with me so I can't open up the map on an HP tuners and see if the voltage to AFR scales in there for this platform but if it is you could also open it take a look and understand that let's say x voltage is on a wire and that equals 11.2 AFR. If you tell the car that it's really out of 10 8 instead it's going pull board fuel out to attempt to reach 11.2.
This is the core of how piggy backs work!

Of you wanna learn more , Take a moment read Jeff Hartman's book how to tune on a modify engine management systems, and it will make way more sense.

I only came here to give info since folks asked. So chill out man.

Last edited:

OGThorne

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’m well aware. The other post implied other upgrades are necessary and they are not.
For flex fuel yes, and we're going for power :) . The whole reason I decided to explore the platform was because I wanted to control aspects when race gas or e85 was available. To make more power ;)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
For flex fuel yes, and we're going for power :) . The whole reason I decided to explore the platform was because I wanted to control aspects when race gas or e85 was available. To make more power ;)
Cool…but you’re gonna need more than a JB4 to catch the rest of us.

OGThorne

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Cool…but you’re gonna need more than a JB4 to catch the rest of us.
It's the wife's toy but she wants to best stock hell cats as that's why she originally wanted a Durango hellcat. I have my own toys :)

Next mods
Whipple stage 1 carb legal setup then cpi

She has the borla atak but typically catbacks don't do much. It's her first

OGThorne

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Damn forums suck from a cell phone