Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Issues with Palm Beach Dyno HP Tuner RTD

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Do you have a Dragy or similar device to get performance numbers or just that it feels better?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Do you have a Dragy or similar device to get performance numbers or just that it feels better?
PBD is a very competent shop kicking out low 12 second 93 tunes and 11 second E50 tunes. He would have shaved over a second off stock times even with a 91 tune. Of course it feels better.

Reactions
Maybe they changed things since I've used PBD, but all i did was insert the HPTuners into my card, downloaded the stock file, and put the memory card into my computer to download the files to my computer to send to PBD. What is all the software you guys using on your laptop?

And yes the tune should have gotten rid of auto start/stop.

Reactions
I feel the difference. I plan on getting a draggy but I’ve heard some mixed reviews on it.

Reactions
Maybe they changed things since I've used PBD, but all i did was insert the HPTuners into my card, downloaded the stock file, and put the memory card into my computer to download the files to my computer to send to PBD. What is all the software you guys using on your laptop?

And yes the tune should have gotten rid of auto start/stop.
I had to download the mpvi 2 software as well to get all the drivers then switch over to the rtd program. Very simple after I figured that out.

Reactions
Contact HP Tuner through their support and submit a ticket. I got it figured out pretty quickly through them and then PBD got me my maps fairly quickly. It appears that $800 only gets you an RTD, 4 credits and 4 "canned" maps with no revisions. For a custom tune I think you have to upgrade upgrade your tuning plan.

EDIT: (7/27/21)

PBD has been very very good with supplying revisions as my modifications have been added. When you spend the $800 on the RTD, for the credits and for four tunes, you also get revisions. My only quip is that they are canned tunes (off the shelf) but they work really well. :)
Yeah they’ve done about 4 revisions for me. Every time I ask them to take a look at my logs they do and respond pretty quick. Just ordered an ic and they already sent me a tune incorporating that.

OP
pelotonracer2
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
Yeah they’ve done about 4 revisions for me. Every time I ask them to take a look at my logs they do and respond pretty quick. Just ordered an ic and they already sent me a tune incorporating that.
Good, I had zero problems once I got the HP Tuner software to work. They never asked me to do datalogs and send log files to them.