Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Issue with third row seats

Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
I have a 2020. The third row was working fine prior to this. We were rear ended 2 weeks ago. The third row was folded down at the time. The damage is fairly extensive to the liftgate and rear bumper but no airbag deployment, no error lights on the dash and the vehicle drives fine save for some rattles from the exhaust and the backup sensors going crazy when backing up as they are blocked. Quarter panels and rear frame do not appear to be bent but I won't know that until the body shop takes things apart. The rear hatch doesn't open (well...I am just afraid to open it as I don't want it to not be able to close.)

We are working through insurance etc to get everything repaired but I tried raising the third row the other day and it wouldn't move. Pressing the buttons there is no motor sound. The switches do light up. I have checked fuses and those seem fine. I have tried holding the buttons down to reset movement and that did nothing. Again, doesn't seem bent back there and the seats are not loose, they are just locked down. Anything else I can try?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
The rear hatch has to be open to raise or lower the 3rd row. Safety reason so some cargo doesn’t randomly push the buttons.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
20 Platinum
Thread Starter #3
The rear hatch has to be open to raise or lower the 3rd row. Safety reason so some cargo doesn’t randomly push the buttons.
Makes sense, thanks....don't I feel stupid....