Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Is the Ford Tune noticable?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes I agree you the customer will have to prove this and when you add more torque it puts more strain on transmission driveline and rear differential not here to argue just letting people know the complete warranty
I don’t have to prove anything. A dealer will have to prove a tune definitely caused a malfunction. Which I think is very difficult for them to do. People run aftermarket tunes all the time. This is a ford tune. Less robust then any aftermarket. I think everything will be fine. But sure, it’s always a risk. I don’t have any experience with it but by the sound of it, this tune shouldn’t cause any issues.

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
That’s all that matters as long as you are happy with it . Please keep us posted have a great day

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes I agree you the customer will have to prove this and when you add more torque it puts more strain on transmission driveline and rear differential not here to argue just letting people know the complete warranty
@Trike
Here are the 27 pages of discussion on the Ford Performance Tune. If you are new, you might want to familiarize yourself with this (and other) threads prior to posting your thoughts randomly. If you have something to contribute about warranty info, post it to this thread:

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/ford-performance-tune.1984/post-25101

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That’s all that matters as long as you are happy with it . Please keep us posted have a great day
Thanks. that’s just my opinion on it. I would love to hear from others with actual experience but yeah.

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Thank you very much I’ll check it I went to the first thing thing that popped up about this subject

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thank you very much I’ll check it I went to the first thing thing that popped up about this subject
Actually, the very first thing you did was open a new thread to post the same info.

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Lol maybe I’ll get my granddaughter help me next time cya have a good day.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Using that logic you could say that the tune caused the brakes to fail, shocks to fail, body seam welds/adhesives fail... the options are almost limitless. Because all that torque has to be held together by the unibody too

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
All depends on how good attorneys you have your logic makes sense lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sweet! The ignore feature does work, now I don't have to see Trike troll.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sweet! The ignore feature does work, now I don't have to see Trike troll.
I don't think he's a troll, I think he's just clueless about how a forum like this works. Kind of like Firestarter! (Tip o' the hat to @FORZDA3 for suggesting that nickname!)

But, you bring up something that I feel strongly about....I have never downvoted (thumbs down) a post, nor have I ever "ignored" someone, nor will I use profanity to try to get my point across. I believe in one's right to their opinion. However, if I disagree, I will not hesitate to respond to a post in a civil, well-reasoned manner to let them know why I think they are mistaken. Anyone feel the same....or differently?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't think he's a troll, I think he's just clueless about how a forum like this works. Kind of like Firestarter! (Tip o' the hat to @FORZDA3 for suggesting that nickname!)

But, you bring up something that I feel strongly about....I have never downvoted (thumbs down) a post, nor have I ever "ignored" someone, nor will I use profanity to try to get my point across. I believe in one's right to their opinion. However, if I disagree, I will not hesitate to respond to a post in a civil, well-reasoned manner to let them know why I think they are mistaken. Anyone feel the same....or differently?
You might be right, but I've never joined a forum to tell someone I wasn't going to use a tune.

Trike

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
Nope still here thought I was sharing some information I found out sorry i didn’t meet this forum’s standards hope everyone has a good evening

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You might be right, but I've never joined a forum to tell someone I wasn't going to use a tune.
Like I said, he's probably clueless. I'm sure we'll see over time.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST

Something that makes me chuckle every time is when FORZDA3 thumbs down you know who no matter what he posts. Whether it’s right or wrong I do laugh to myself. He could post “Merry Christmas” and FORZDA3 dislikes instantly.

dolsen

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions

I feel the same. I TRY to always reply with civility with a well reasoned argument, but every now and then, my temper will get me. I am much better about it than I used to be, must come with age.

Also, I have only ever blocked one person on any forum I have ever been on. He was an admin (this was not any car forum), and he thought he was always right and literally banned people for disagreeing with him (which happened to me once, so I created another handle for that forum and just put him on ignore). I really liked the forum, so I put him on ignore and just continued posting.

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I would install it but don't want the auto-parking brake feature installed as part of the package.
I said that too but Im used to it now......still annoying as F&^%

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
This will void your 5year/60000 power train warranty and with the rear bolt shear problem already think I’ll pass on it for now
Absolutely 100% not true.......please don't mislead people on this forum.

Explorer ST Posts