Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Is it worth it to keep it?!

Reactions
I wanna fully love my 2020 Explorer St. It’s fully loaded and beautiful black on black with the red breaks. I bought it in Nov 2019 & it only has 6300 miles. But there’s always something wrong with it. We were using the car on weekends only and the battery took a crap after being parked 5 days. Then we had issues with broken pieces on the bottom panel where you adjust the seat. The window switches Chrome stickers are peeling. These got replaced 1 month ago and 4 switches are peeling again & parts are on back order. Transmission warnings, pre collision errors, Auto stop fault error, we had the tablet monitor freeze and not start up. They have done “updates” to my car 3 times already. I have had 4 car rentals due to the car being worked on. It’s been at the dealer getting worked on more than we can enjoy it. The last time I got it back we noticed the black powder coated rim was scratched by the lift or a tool, and now it feels like it heisitates a little when it’s stopped like a little misfire. But they say the computer found nothing wrong with it. I wanna fully love this vehicle but we are in talks with FORD to buy the car back. Do I chance it and get a new Ford, 2020 explorer st? Maybe wait for a 2021? Or do I go back to my Honda or their luxury vehicle Acura MDX? Honda never gave me any issues.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Supposedly the ones built after Dec 2019 didn't have the problems. Ours was built in January and so far hasn't been any trouble.