Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Is it worth adding a bug and stone deflector to the ST?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hi everyone, fairly new to the forum and IF this is posted in another thread, my apologies... I did search first before I posted this... ok, I wanted to protect the front of the 2022 ST explorer that I ordered and happy to say it just arrived after 4 months :) ... I purchased a WeatherTec bug deflector that was suppose to fit the 2022 explorer, however, when the deflector arrived the packaging indicated that its compatible for the 2020 and 2021 explorers... anyway, after looking at the install directions it instructs you to pry off the rubber gasket around the underside of the front hood... I honestly don't want to remove the factory installed rubber.. and am not 100% sure its worth going thru this.. last I want to do is to ruin the seal... I was thinking about returning the accessory and if other comments from this audience indicate its just not worth the investment. well, that advice is good enough for me... looking for feedback from other ST advocates... thanks in advance everyone..

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I would just get a PPF. Your ST will look like new in 10 years.

Norvgen

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Hi everyone, fairly new to the forum and IF this is posted in another thread, my apologies... I did search first before I posted this... ok, I wanted to protect the front of the 2022 ST explorer that I ordered and happy to say it just arrived after 4 months :) ... I purchased a WeatherTec bug deflector that was suppose to fit the 2022 explorer, however, when the deflector arrived the packaging indicated that its compatible for the 2020 and 2021 explorers... anyway, after looking at the install directions it instructs you to pry off the rubber gasket around the underside of the front hood... I honestly don't want to remove the factory installed rubber.. and am not 100% sure its worth going thru this.. last I want to do is to ruin the seal... I was thinking about returning the accessory and if other comments from this audience indicate its just not worth the investment. well, that advice is good enough for me... looking for feedback from other ST advocates... thanks in advance everyone..
I bought Fords bug deflector works great. No need to take the letters off.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
In my opinion, this car was not designed for longevity. Everything I do is with an 7 year/120k mile ownership in mind (tops). I personally think those hood deflectors look ugly. After 3 years and 55k miles, my hood looks great. The front fascia... not so much.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Good to know and I absolutely agree! Thanks

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
In my opinion, this car was not designed for longevity. Everything I do is with an 7 year/120k mile ownership in mind (tops). I personally think those hood deflectors look ugly. After 3 years and 55k miles, my hood looks great. The front fascia... not so much.
That's why a PPF is amazing

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
^ Agreed. No.

OP
L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the feedback, greatly appreciated!

K