Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Is it me or does Ford treat the STs like a Irrelevant division... Almost like they underestimated the sales and interests..

Wrxs75

Reactions
There's absolutely nothing out there ford related to anything ST, except maybe for the focus. Except now that they've been discontinued and Ken block is out.
I'm assuming ford is gonna abandon that race division/dept. So where does that leave the other STs. The edge has kinda been overlooked and has been completely surpassed by the explorer. Soooo anybody got any input?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Ford is moving away from cars altogether aside from the Mustang. It’ll be trucks, SUV’s and the Mustang. They announced that like a year ago.

OP
Wrxs75

Wrxs75

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
No I know... I'm just saying that they've launched ST for 3 types of models now. One is gone, one is completely overlooked for 3 years now and now the explorer is just there with gaining interest from the public due to reputation, not actual corporate support. No merch, no mod support, no updates of any sorts, nothing within there Performance center. It's kinda odd to me that they are just ignoring a performance platform like that... They launched the bronco with all the support and crazy expectations, but I feel they're gonna be a bust...

Reactions
Same thing happening with SRT right now. As long as they keep making fast cars I don't care what they call them.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I don't think they overlooked ST. In our Explorers, they made the changes that everyone wanted except maybe a lowered suspension or variable shocks. They were rewarded with 20% of Explorer sales going to STs. That's a hell of a lot!!

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
There is also the COVID aspect. Its hard to judge the new Explorer launch progress compared to other launches because a) they absolutely shit the bed on the initial launch of the entire vehicle line and therefore needed to fix everything first before they could focus on upgrades/performance improvements b) COVID struck shortly after and put a hold on any development activities that MIGHT have been undertaken. Ford is spending money on the ST SUV camps--apparently attendance to those blows the raptor performance experience camps out of the water. I'm sure Ford is aware of the platform and interest. Give it time.

TheJonse

Reactions
There is also the COVID aspect. Its hard to judge the new Explorer launch progress compared to other launches because a) they absolutely shit the bed on the initial launch of the entire vehicle line and therefore needed to fix everything first before they could focus on upgrades/performance improvements b) COVID struck shortly after and put a hold on any development activities that MIGHT have been undertaken. Ford is spending money on the ST SUV camps--apparently attendance to those blows the raptor performance experience camps out of the water. I'm sure Ford is aware of the platform and interest. Give it time.

This is very true - OE stuff moves at a glacial pace compared to aftermarket at the best of times so I wouldn't worry too much.

Globally the ST brand is pretty strong - in the UK they have just released the Puma ST, this sits along side the Fiesta and Focus STs and the ST trim lines they have on everything else.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-wishes-we-got-the-puma-st-forgets-job-title-1846288005

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
There's absolutely nothing out there ford related to anything ST, except maybe for the focus. Except now that they've been discontinued and Ken block is out.
I'm assuming ford is gonna abandon that race division/dept. So where does that leave the other STs. The edge has kinda been overlooked and has been completely surpassed by the explorer. Soooo anybody got any input?
I know what you're saying. It would be nice if there was some ST apparel available. And I'm waiting on a Performance Package for the ST.

Gotta wonder if Ford is focused on transitioning to EVs, over supporting the ST.

OP
Wrxs75

Wrxs75

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
I know what you're saying. It would be nice if there was some ST apparel available. And I'm waiting on a Performance Package for the ST.

Gotta wonder if Ford is focused on transitioning to EVs, over supporting the ST.
Exactly.........

Blue720

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Actually I did, but the wife took it. Search Dan Zeeone on Facebook. He makes them and ships them to you. He can change the colors too. About $35 per hat shipped. Worth it imo

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
I was surprised there were no roush parts for the ST tbh, I had the rouse intake on my 3.5 ecoboost f150 and loved it.