Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Interior lighting

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
Anyone else think it’s odd that there is no light in the glove box or the center console. Given how deep the center console is it’s impossible to find something in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChefMAC283
Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer
Thread Starter #3
2020 model year had both of those lights.
Is there something wrong with mine then. Any ‘21’s out there that have it don’t have?

Reactions
Is there something wrong with mine then. Any ‘21’s out there that have it don’t have?

It was removed on the 21+ models... A few people have looked into it and the wiring was even removed to make it a quick add sadly. For me the center console light would have been the nice one to have.

hbalek

Reactions
It was removed on the 21+ models... A few people have looked into it and the wiring was even removed to make it a quick add sadly. For me the center console light would have been the nice one to have.
A total of 3 lights were removed in 2021: glove box and both center console storage bins I believe. I have the cheaper looking interior trim pieces but have all the lights. If I had to choose, I'd choose to have the lights included. Also missing starting in 2021 model year are the heated windshield wipers and front camera washer.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
A total of 3 lights were removed in 2021: glove box and both center console storage bins I believe. I have the cheaper looking interior trim pieces but have all the lights. If I had to choose, I'd choose to have the lights included. Also missing starting in 2021 model year are the heated windshield wipers and front camera washer.
If you are referring to the light in the forward bin with the USB outlets, my 2022 has a light there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
My 22 has a front camera washer

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
That's interesting! Did they bring it back in 2022? I know in 2021 many complained that it was removed.
Never mind I’m an idiot lol I just checked it is not there… great now I’m mad as well lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Anyone upgrade interior overhead lights to something brighter? Stock isn’t horrible, just wondering what’s out there and if it’s worth it.