Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Intelligent Cruise

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hi All,
I've read a few stories of ST owners and their ICC misreading 35mph signs for 85mph and I've experienced the same.
What I'm not understanding is when I set a speed and moments later, the ICC changes to a higher rate of speed for no apparent reason, even if the speed limit hadn't changed.
When you're in CC, it shows your set speed and the actual speed limit. Every now and then, it will show what appears to be a speed programmed in for that particular speed limit.
I'm guessing that the CC diverts to that programmed speed regardless of what you have set. I'm wondering why it does and why it happens up to a good minute after you've set your desired speed.
Not looking to get a ticket on those roads with photo radar. Is there a way to delete any programmed speeds? Thanks for your thoughts!

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
There is no programmed speeds it just reads or misreads the signs. In the settings in the touch screen you can change it from that Intelligent CC (where it reads signs and is adaptive) to just adaptive CC or regular CC.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
There is no programmed speeds it just reads or misreads the signs. In the settings in the touch screen you can change it from that Intelligent CC (where it reads signs and is adaptive) to just adaptive CC or regular CC.
Thanks for the hit!
The only problem with not using intelligent is I rely on the stop/go feature which I understand only happens in the intelligent mode?
I don't mind it misreading signs but it's just a little frustrating when it settles into the speed you set it at and then changes its mind without a speed limit change. I can see that the speed limit display stays the same but the set speed changes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
There’s something else going on.

On two paths I frequently travel, the cruise control changes speed when there is no sign present. In one case, it changes back to the road’s listed speed limit a few yards later. In the other case, it changes from 45 to 55 in the exact location where there WAS a sign that was removed.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
There’s something else going on.

On two paths I frequently travel, the cruise control changes speed when there is no sign present. In one case, it changes back to the road’s listed speed limit a few yards later. In the other case, it changes from 45 to 55 in the exact location where there WAS a sign that was removed.
Does it just change your rolling speed or does it also change the little speed limit icon on your dash?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Does it just change your rolling speed or does it also change the little speed limit icon on your dash?
Both

IMG_4341.jpeg

Last edited:

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So far, Intelligent cruise control worked really well for me in all other states, except California. In CA it reads the trucks speed limit and drops the speed suddenly and, is dangerous, considering everyone else is doing 80.

Just switch to adaptive CC and it works really well. Better than few other systems I have experienced. Stop and go, works as well. I used it extensively, two days back, when I had to drive though heavy traffic on i10.

The things that bothers me is 'hands on the steering wheel warning' when my hands are on the wheel. This happens in arrow straight roads, where no steering inputs are needed. I wish, I can find a way out it with forscan.

hbalek

Reactions
Mine does this every week or so in a 35 mph zone but I'm almost convinced it misreads a route 185 sign from a certain angle once in a while. Also, in another area it will be reading 40 mph until it reads a service road sign that's 25 mph and slams on the brakes. It can be startling and annoying especially if you're not paying attention.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Thanks for the hit!
The only problem with not using intelligent is I rely on the stop/go feature which I understand only happens in the intelligent mode?
I don't mind it misreading signs but it's just a little frustrating when it settles into the speed you set it at and then changes its mind without a speed limit change. I can see that the speed limit display stays the same but the set speed changes.
No stop and go happens in adaptive too.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #11
Yes, the problem is, mine can suddenly change the "set" speed without changing the "speed limit" speed. Meaning, it's not adjusting to the variations of speed limits on the road when it changes my set speed.