Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Instrument cluster - Normal mode - Centered speedo?

Reactions
I was watching a YouTube video about the lighting in the Explorer and noticed the speedo is centered in the display. On our ST it is off the left and looks a little odd to me. I can’t find any way to center it…am I just missing a setting somewhere??

This is a screenshot from the video. D9F0E430-27E8-4707-8784-71F2B1439AD4.png

blawnd

Reactions
Button on end of blinker, click once. Discovered by accident pushing buttons today. (Just bought mine yesterday still familiarizing myself with everything.)

Reactions
There are a couple of the driving aids that will cause the speedo to move from the center, like lane keep, the distance from the next vehicle one, and I think cruise as well (at least adaptive) if I remember correctly. If none of those are active in Normal mode the speedo is centered.

Reactions
Yes. I have found that if adaptive cruise control is selected, the Speedo goes to the left. If normal cruise, then it is centered. I like it centered but do not want to mess with the cruise control, so, it’s on the left. Bummer.

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thank you! I turned off the indicator that shows how close the car is in front of us and that did the trick. I like it much better in the middle! I’m ok with it moving over when cruise is on (which isn’t very often).

Reactions
The lane centering cruise is awesome for long trips. It's worth getting to know.

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
The lane centering cruise is awesome for long trips. It's worth getting to know.
I've tried it out a little bit, worked like a champ! Went about 80 miles on the freeway with essentially no input from me. Way better actually than the one we had in our BMW X5 a couple years ago.