Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Instrument Cluster and SYNC

Reactions
I have had my ST for almost a month now. I'm really getting perturbed with the delays on the main electronics in this vehicle. With the instrument cluster, when I'm driving, if I try to select sport or any other mode, there is such a delay that I have to keep spinning the mode knob until the cluster shows all mode options. If you spin the knob knowing you just have to move it one over, it usually doesn't recognize the change and then defaults right back to the mode I was on.

With the infotainment/SYNC "iPad" screen, I find that I'm often pressing things only to wait 1/2 or 1 full second before the screen changes. This cannot be normal. I really hope Ford releases a firmware update that fixes all of this. This most definitely takes seem of the fun out of the driving. I also had to do a hard reset on my SYNC system about a week ago because it literally went black on my while I was driving...thank goodness nothing on there was vital to the actual mechanics of my driving.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is anyone aware of any fixes/updates?

Reactions
From what I've been reading Ford went with a cheap graphics on the Explorer ST card hence the delay. Hopefully they'll be some kind of firmware update soon.

Reactions
I am noticing that my Sync 3 display is flaky. There is a delay at times. The other day, I had weather alerts set to on. They kept coming up even after I cleared them and turned off the alerts. I had to soft reboot (push volume knob and fast forward arrow on center display) the system. Not impressed with the system the more I use it.

Reactions
I am noticing that my Sync 3 display is flaky. There is a delay at times. The other day, I had weather alerts set to on. They kept coming up even after I cleared them and turned off the alerts. I had to soft reboot (push volume knob and fast forward arrow on center display) the system. Not impressed with the system the more I use it.
Does the reboot help with the slowness?

Reactions
Nope, but it did with the other issues.

Reactions
We should start a complaints thread and list out all the issues we are having. Hopefully in time Ford will monitor this forum.

Reactions
Regarding my post (post #3) above, I was playing with the weather alerts a little more. I noticed if I hit the back arrow button at the top left of the screen, the alerts would continue to pop up even though I had tried to clear them. This time, I hit the navigation button to change screens and the weather alerts did not repeatedly pop up again.

Reactions
Regarding my post (post #3) above, I was playing with the weather alerts a little more. I noticed if I hit the back arrow button at the top left of the screen, the alerts would continue to pop up even though I had tried to clear them. This time, I hit the navigation button to change screens and the weather alerts did not repeatedly pop up again.
Thanks for the tip.

Reactions
...With the instrument cluster, when I'm driving, if I try to select sport or any other mode, there is such a delay that I have to keep spinning the mode knob until the cluster shows all mode options. If you spin the knob knowing you just have to move it one over, it usually doesn't recognize the change and then defaults right back to the mode I was on..
What I do on this is use one click of rotation to "activate" the display, then click the number of moves I need to go to the mode I want. In my case, usually that's one click for activate, then two clicks to the right for Sport mode. Works every time. But I agree with you, the display is WAY too slow to activate on such an expensive car.

Reactions
Historically has Ford come out with firmware updates that improve or enhance to operation of the vehicles software system? Or would this be more of an hardware issue with processors and such? It’s definitely laggy or hesitant during operation. I’d like to see some Changes with regards to Apple car play as well. Like a full screen while using google maps navigation. I also wished they’d increase to screen usage while utilizing any of the vehicles camera systems. Seems like a lot of wasted space while the back up or 360 camera is up....

Reactions
Historically has Ford come out with firmware updates that improve or enhance to operation of the vehicles software system? Or would this be more of an hardware issue with processors and such? It’s definitely laggy or hesitant during operation. I’d like to see some Changes with regards to Apple car play as well. Like a full screen while using google maps navigation. I also wished they’d increase to screen usage while utilizing any of the vehicles camera systems. Seems like a lot of wasted space while the back up or 360 camera is up....
In the past Ford has roll out firmware updates to fix bugs as well as add some new features. I guess we'll find out if it's a hardware issue after the first updates. I plan on asking my service adviser about firmware updates when I bring it in for my first oil change.

Reactions
How do you reboot the system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resetting the System
  1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
  2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
  3. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
Note: You can reset the system to restore functionality that has stopped working. The system reset is designed to restore functionality and not delete any data thatyou have stored.

Reactions
Resetting the System
  1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
  2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
  3. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
Note: You can reset the system to restore functionality that has stopped working. The system reset is designed to restore functionality and not delete any data thatyou have stored.
Thank you. Just picked up my ST on Saturday...still learning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk