Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Install 360 camera after taking delivery of a 2023 Explorer ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Has anyone found out if it’s possible to install the 360 camera at a later date on a 2023 ST Explorer with the 360 camera credit option? All the physical cameras came installed on the exterior (or atleast all of the camera lenses in the places that the camera should be). If so, how difficult is it? Cost? Etc.? Would someone knowledgeable who has worked in car electronics in the past be able to do this? Thanks so much for any input

Cdave

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer
My 360 credit explorer does not have cameras in the mirrors. late august build and picked up a week ago.

OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
My 360 credit explorer does not have cameras in the mirrors. late august build and picked up a week ago.
I will have to check when mine was built. I picked up mine early September and it has them.

Lawdog205

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 ST
I just checked mine, it has cameras in mirrors. The dealership took delivery of it on 9-18…I picked it up same day. Had the $500. 360 delete credit.
Possible to do the upgrade? Or is it a service issue with a software update?

not trying to hijack OPs post, just giving additional relevant info.
Thanks

Billstein

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Has anyone found out if it’s possible to install the 360 camera at a later date on a 2023 ST Explorer with the 360 camera credit option? All the physical cameras came installed on the exterior (or atleast all of the camera lenses in the places that the camera should be). If so, how difficult is it? Cost? Etc.? Would someone knowledgeable who has worked in car electronics in the past be able to do this? Thanks so much for any input
I kind of wonder how come they can't just use one out of a premium Ford F-150 I have one of my King Ranch that works just fine

Hard_B52

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
Any further info or possible solutions on this issue? I picked up a 2023 in March of this year with no 360 camera. However, I found a front camera in the front grille, but don't see cameras on the mirrors.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
^ As another person in the thread mentioned it, that could be the denominator.
I don't know how that works out for you. On one hand, most of the "deleted" features I see, still have harnesses to connect units to and don't have a different wiring harness. On the other, I don't know what the mirror harnesses normally connect to.
It may be possible to gain the functionality by getting camera-populated mirrors and having the dealer turn the option on, but I couldn't say.

Hard_B52

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I had to go in to schedule a service appointment. I mentioned this all to the service rep. He saw I had the cameras in the mirrors and front gtille too. He said he would look into it and let me know when I return for the other repair.