Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Inner Wheel Liner

Repstyle

Reactions
Hi all. I just had the winter tires installed on my ST and was adjusting the tires pressures when I noticed that both front inner fender liners are split and pulling away. I am not sure if this is how it’s designed or if it’s a flaw. Needless to say I don’t want snow and dirt to accumulate behind there. Anyone else notice this?

Attachments

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
That's very odd as that felt liner material isn't easy to tear.

Both sides same location?

Any chance that happened when the winter tires went on?

OP
R

Repstyle

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
That's very odd as that felt liner material isn't easy to tear.

Both sides same location?

Any chance that happened when the winter tires went on?
It’s the exact same spot on both sides. On closer inspection it looks like there there is a seam/crease that comes from the factory where it started to split. I just wondered if it was a design flaw that would reoccur shortly after being replaced.

Lenny H

Reactions
Same thing on mine and every other Explorer at my dealership. I believe it is there to allow the felt to mold to the fender.

OP
R

Repstyle

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Same thing on mine and every other Explorer at my dealership. I believe it is there to allow the felt to mold to the fender.
Thanks for looking into that. Appreciate it.