Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Infotainment Screen

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Greetings. I have the ST with the large vehicle iPad looking screen. Has anyone had any issue with it loading up at first start? I’ve had to restart three or four times due to a black screen. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Mine glitches all the time, I'm hoping the system is getting sync4 and will resolve.... hoping.

OP
Jshaffer3819

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Interesting. What is synch 4?

Reactions
Let’s hope but it doesn’t look like sync 3 will be able to upgrade to sync 4.

hbalek

Reactions
Today mine froze up after using the remote start feature for cold start, after sitting in driveway over 12 hours. I could not change the screen and radio was stuck on one station for about 10 minutes. I restarted 2 or 3 times still had no controls and eventually the screen went black. After locking up and sitting for 5 minutes it started up just fine and has worked normally the rest of the day. Wonder if I need to get a system update or refresh next service visit. Has anyone else experienced this? About once a month or less I also have to wait to turn the radio on, I assume the system needs updating.

LokiWolf

Reactions
Today mine froze up after using the remote start feature for cold start, after sitting in driveway over 12 hours. I could not change the screen and radio was stuck on one station for about 10 minutes. I restarted 2 or 3 times still had no controls and eventually the screen went black. After locking up and sitting for 5 minutes it started up just fine and has worked normally the rest of the day. Wonder if I need to get a system update or refresh next service visit. Has anyone else experienced this? About once a month or less I also have to wait to turn the radio on, I assume the system needs updating.
When you said you restarted...the car, or used the Power/Next track to reboot Sync?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hbalek

Reactions
When you said you restarted...the car, or used the Power/Next track to reboot Sync?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I restarted the car. I didn't know about the Sync reboot. So you hold down power and next track button (>>) to reboot?

LokiWolf

Reactions
I restarted the car. I didn't know about the Sync reboot. So you hold down power and next track button (>>) to reboot?
Yep. Restarting the car does not really reboot Sync. Unless you are letting it sit for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
The main issues I have seen with it is that Apple Car play randomly doesn't work when I connect my phone. Waze doesn't work at all using the sync apps as it just crashes on my phone. The other slightly annoying issue is the artist/song name doesn't update when the next song starts. Again this is somewhat random and seems like a bug in the software.

Reactions
Same here, Apple CarPlay randomly doesn’t work, haven‘t been able to figure out if it’s something I can impact or if it’s just a bug, I have also had waze close on the phone whenever I press the waze app from sync. Somehow I have managed a few times to get waze full screen.

CDNRABBIT

Reactions
Thanks, I'm sitting here in a parking lot trying to reboot the system. It seems to freeze every time I turn the vehicle off while playing Bluetooth media. When I restart the vehicle it loads normally and audio restarts, but it won't respond to any commands (button or touch screen). Anyone else have this problem.

Explorer ST Posts