Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

I Went to the Dyno - ZFG 93 & E50

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #41
I use my old X4 regularly to do a KAM reset.
HPT can do it. But the X4 would be easier than using a laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
Wow, 110hp, 120tq at the wheels from a tune. I am disappointed the ST got the 10r60 trans and not the 10r80.

It's going to be hard to keep it stock. I'll try to wait a couple years! Good news is the Bronco is also getting the 10r60 and I have a feeling they are going to need some upgrades with 37" tires and a tune, so eventually the 10r60 should see some upgrade options. My understanding is it's the same case as the 10r80 so perhaps some of the 10r80 parts will swap over.

El_steveo

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
National speed eh? Richmond or Wilmington store? I used to talk to Elrich a lot when I was having my truck tuned by them, but he’s since left. I live down in hampton VA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #44
National speed eh? Richmond or Wilmington store? I used to talk to Elrich a lot when I was having my truck tuned by them, but he’s since left. I live down in hampton VA

Richmond. Wouldn’t use them for tuning on the ST, excellent shop, and amazing facility. They actually tuned another ST themselves right after mine, and it was down a lot from my ZFG tunes. They were upset.

El_steveo

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Richmond. Wouldn’t use them for tuning on the ST, excellent shop, and amazing facility. They actually tuned another ST themselves right after mine, and it was down a lot from my ZFG tunes. They were upset.

Yea they’re a nice group of guys, I had more power in my truck out of another tuner as well. I won’t be using them for my ST, and I do all my work myself (especially for their labor costs) but they’re a nice facility and nice people

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #46
Yea they’re a nice group of guys, I had more power in my truck out of another tuner as well. I won’t be using them for my ST, and I do all my work myself (especially for their labor costs) but they’re a nice facility and nice people

Nicest AWD Dyno in the area for sure! They were great to deal with but not cheap…

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yep...you read that correctly!

Got sick of people saying there was no Dyno data for ZFG...so I went. Needed to do something since my local 1/4 Mile track is still not open.

The Numbers were GREAT! See for yourself!

Stock - 332/378
93 - 440/497
E50 - 486/505

E50 Pull Video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Damn that's a HUGE increase going from stock to 93 (which is what I'm getting in a few days once the base tune comes in). Even more so for E50! Good shit!

OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Reactions
Thread Starter #48
Damn that's a HUGE increase going from stock to 93 (which is what I'm getting in a few days once the base tune comes in). Even more so for E50! Good shit!
ZFG does amazing work! Can’t recommend Adam enough!

ST Bun

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It did it the other day in normal mode. It will always does it in sport under a full throttle launch

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
I had this same issue on my 2020 with 800 miles on it. They ended up replacing the trans and mine was completely stock. That was after months of going back and forth with ford. It was a giant headache.