Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

HUD Universal Head-Up Display

KegsBdry

Reactions
One technology that is missing from these new Explorers is a HUD Universal Head-Up Display on the windshield.

Has anyone used an aftermarket version? Pros/Cons

1603904069713.png

Odin

Reactions
I miss that from my RS6 so much :|

Every aftermarket I've tried has been absolute junk... Part of it is getting the perfect angle setup on the dash to reflect off the windshield, plus the vehicles that have a native HUD usually have a reflective coating either on the inside or between the glass layers in that general area to make it much more readable (while adding ~$200-600 bucks to the glass cost!)

If you find one that works really well for you, good on you. I'm just happy to have digital displays after spending the last 4 years driving a Wrangler or riding a motorcycle.

Best,
-Odin

SwankST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Yeah but the escape has one.......so have GMs for like 30 years, even the Rams have them. I know the navigator has it now. Would like to see it in all the fords.

Reactions
Yeah, I miss the HUD too, go used to it for so many years, I really miss it. On the other hand, the windshield that has the reflective area for the HUD is more expensive than the regular one. I live in a city which is know for rock chips cracking the windshield while driving (land of flying rocks) and I have to change the windshield more often than what others do. So, atlease less expensive windshield.