Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

HP Tuners Track Addict

Reactions
Anybody play with this app?

Was messing with it tonight, have it connected to the MPVI2 via bluetooth.

Setup for 1/4 mile. It starts fine, but never stops recording well past the .25 mile mark.

Doesnt display 1/4 mile times, but I saw a few 1/8 mile times(8.3).

Wondering if I have it setup wrong.

I probably should just order a Draggy and be done with it.

Reactions
Just got my MPVI2+ in and downloaded this app, but haven’t used it yet. I have a P-Gear and will try to compare the two.

if you don’t care for the social-media side of things you might want to look at the P-Gear. It does have the leaderboards but not as many users as Draggy.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I actually ordered a p-gear last night.

My buddy has used the track addict app but for road course stuff and he said it works great for that. The 1/4 mile stuff seems lacking.

Reactions
Works great for road course tracks. Actually SCCA only uses it for time trials now. I have never tried it for anything other than lap times.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I got the P-Gear yesterday. Need to go play with it. Was thunderstorm and heavy rain all day yesterday. Not the best time to go out and hammer on the exploder.

Reactions
I use it all the time on my motorbike. You need to use a GPS beacon to make it worth a damn. $120 on amazon.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I use Track Addict for autocrossing. It's a great app, lots of nice features. Highly recommended that you get an external GPS and not use the one built into the phone.