Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How’s it going!?

Reactions
Hello, my name Wolf and I have a Ford buying problem, ive owned my new/used 2018 Explorer Sport for about 4hrs....I’ve come from only owning SuperDutys but recently switched over to try these out.
looking forward to seeing and learning from everyone on here about how to upgrade my Sport.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
There are plenty of upgrades for the Expy Sports but they are largely a different animal than the ST’s. Think engine (3.5’s to 3.0’s), engine orientation (transverse to rear wheel drive), drivetrain (transaxle to traditional transmission), brakes, wheel size, etc. etc. The looks didn’t change drastically but virtually everything else did. There are quite a few members here that have had the Sports. No doubt these guys were modding them too.

You’ve got me wondering how many parts are actually interchangeable between the two. [dunno]

Last edited:
OP
Wolfetone88
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
There are plenty of upgrades for the Expy Sports but they are largely a different animal than the ST’s. The looks didn’t change drastically but virtually everything else did.
Yeah that’s what I’ve learned in the process of buying one. I was looking at a 2020 ST but as it turned out it was a LEMON and a total bummer.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard