Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How to stop Speed Limit icon from blinking

Reactions
There has to be away to override the over speed limit warning, right? I haven’t found anything in the OM.

Reactions
You can shut it off in the settings via the touch screen. I don't remember exactly where in the settings but I did see the option to disable it.

Reactions
It's an option in settings "Driver Assistance/speed sign recognition" or something like that

OP
JohnE
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks I found it, just where you said. I swear I looked there before. That speed warning was driving me crazy!

Reactions
Funny, I just turned mine off from flashing the other day. Was really starting to bother me.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
My wife LOVE's that flashing Speed Limit warning, but I too turned it off.

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine doesn't give me access to shut it off, but this morning it stopped flashing all by itself.

Reactions
If you set your "tolerance" to +5 mph and the speed limit sign says 50, if you are doing 55, no flash. Push it to 56 and it flashes until you're under the Speed Limit Sign +/- your tolerance setting.

PJ

OP
JohnE
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
If you set your "tolerance" to +5 mph and the speed limit sign says 50, if you are doing 55, no flash. Push it to 56 and it flashes until you're under the Speed Limit Sign +/- your tolerance setting.

PJ
The Tolerance setting is for intelligent cruise control. If you have the Tolerance set to +5 and you have your cruise set for 5 over the speed limit, when the system detects a speed limit sign change, it’ll change your speed to 5 over whatever the changed speed limit is. The icon will blink if you set your cruise above what your Tolerance is set for too. There’s another setting for “Speed Warning” that can be turned off that takes care of the blinking icon when not using cruise control. That was the one that was bugging me.

Demarad1

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Funny, I just turned mine off from flashing the other day. Was really starting to bother me.
Can you elaborate on what you did? Having a hard time finding that toggle to shut that off. Thx :)

Explorer ST Posts