Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

How to clean/treat dashboard?

Reactions
Certain areas of the black dash on my ST seems to get discoloring or like a dry looking swipe when I wipe it with a microfiber towel...

What product should I use to treat the dash to keep it looking normal?

Thanks!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine had the same problem when I picked it up. I used whatever leather treatment I had on hand and it's looked fine ever since.

Symetry

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I prefer 303, not greasy
That's what I use on all my cars vinyl.
Not leather.
Works great , even on the truck tonneau cover.

Jim

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
What do you recommend for the seats? Are the seats actually leather?

Thanks!

Dennis.

Reactions
What do you recommend for the seats? Are the seats actually leather?

Thanks!

Dennis.

It's coated leather so they don't really benefit from conditioner. With that said if you want to keep them looking fresh and not dull use a leather conditioner or protectant. My favorites are Zaino and Meguiars D180, but I also use 303 occasionally.

Reactions
So what exactly is the material that is on the dashboard? I've always used Meguiar's Interior Plastic Detailer on my other car, but that was a hard plastic dash.

Is there something specific I should use? I see the post about that 303 product, but I don't think we have that in Canada.
I found this with a basic Google Search, perhaps it's comparable? https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autoglym-vinyl-rubber-care-0392511p.html

Reactions
I just put a coat of chemical guys vrp on the dash and it looks great. It's not greasy and doesn't put a lot of shine on it.

Reactions
So what exactly is the material that is on the dashboard? I've always used Meguiar's Interior Plastic Detailer on my other car, but that was a hard plastic dash.

Is there something specific I should use? I see the post about that 303 product, but I don't think we have that in Canada.
I found this with a basic Google Search, perhaps it's comparable? https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/autoglym-vinyl-rubber-care-0392511p.html

Attachments

Reactions
[/QUOTE
I have used the 303 on the dash and all unfinished exterior black trim and rubber around the windows and sunroof. Used it for years on 5th wheel exterior trim. I usually clean then Apply with old white t shirt. I apply after the first couple washes. Then maybe every 4 to 5 months.

Reactions

This is also a good alternative

SmartSelect_20210401-001648_Amazon Shopping.jpg

GTP

Reactions
Another vote for 303. It protects against UV, and that is exactly what it shining directly onto the upper dash.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I'm a Megs 40 user for the interior. I like not only the way it looks (not super glossy) but have always liked the way it leaves the car smelling. 303 and Poorboys Bold N' Bright are also solid choices. Really like BNB on tires. It is not a long laster but if you're dressing tires regularly it has that just right for my eye look.

Last edited:
Reactions
Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing mixed at 4:1 is one of my favourites. Not much gloss and super easy to maintain. Also works really well to shine up the wheel wells (hard plastic, not felt liners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
303 is the best. My personal opinion anyway.

RoRo

Reactions
Not sure if I’ve missed it but I haven’t seen anyone mention what the dash is actually made of?